• You cannot reply to this topic

MSTS and "Install.bat" problem An old solution remembered Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

I thought posting this might be helpful, it's old information. Recently, I had a problem with a route and was reminded of it. Found the solution simply stated while digging around in the Steam4ME tutorials. Problem, the route "install.bat" file will not run correctly, has some sort of problem, access denied, path wrong, who knows? Beside all of the other advice/solutions posted make sure the path is correct ..... Here's how (may only apply to WinXP...people running other OS should check). The path window under environment variables\system variables should read "c:\windows\system32" (or sub your drive designation)

""It seems that .bat files aren't working on my computer. The DOS window (or whatever you want to call it) says "Xcopy is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Batch files generally run well inside XP Pro (exceptions: "Choice" for conditional batch files no longer works, needs a "%%" switch instead, among other differences).

Press Start | All Programs | Accessories | Command prompt.
In the Command Prompt window, type Xcopy /? <enter>. It should find Xcopy and list all the parameters.
If it doesn't, your computer path may be corrupted.

In the Command Prompt Window, type path <enter>. It should show your computer path:

path=c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\
(Replace c: with your drive partition if it's not drive C:)

If you need to correct the path, press Start | right-click My Computer | Properties | Advanced | Environment Variables | Path | Edit.. Make your changes as above then exit.
(William Sieffert)""

IF you have a desktop icon for MY COMPUTER \right click\right click properties\left click advanced tab\left click environmental variables\system variables\scroll-highlight to PATH\left click edit to change\should read as specified above. Cordially, rhs

#2 User is offline   bug45 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Railworks

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

I been having this problem for a long time. Thanks for showing me how to fix it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users