Elvas Tower: Crew pick-up at end of "Duty" - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crew pick-up at end of "Duty" Location-events where train must stop is ticked... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hey Guys

tion concerning how OR is processing location events: For simulating a "crew change" or something like this, I often use location events with the "train must stop"-box ticked (and the radius set to some 90 meters). Now, how are those working in OR, or better, are they working?

I´m asking this, as just today on two different (self-made) activities on two routes, those events didn´t show any message, neither tha "Correctly stopped" message which I implemented myself, nor the (expected) standard "Activity ended", although I definitely came to a halt in the right area.

Would be great to find out a bit more on this topic, so please comment ;)

Cheers, Markus

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I tried to get an idea of how these events are processed by having a glimpse through the code but this is far too complicated to work out with just a glimpse. I would need actual debugging or testing with additional print-outs to try and find out what goes on, but perhaps someone else knows a bit more about this than I do.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

View Postroeter, on 27 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I tried to get an idea of how these events are processed by having a glimpse through the code but this is far too complicated to work out with just a glimpse. I would need actual debugging or testing with additional print-outs to try and find out what goes on, but perhaps someone else knows a bit more about this than I do.

Yes, location events in activities used to work, though haven't tried them recently.

This is code that I contributed some time back. Won't be free to look at it again for a while as I've built up quite a backlog. If you want to check it out, Rob, then that's fine. Would be great if you can make it simpler too. Would you like me to dig out my test activities?

Best wishes,

#4 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

What part of the location event process is not working? I ran two tests so far that worked. The first was displaying a message as an event and the second which displayed a message with the "Train must stop" box checked. In my case, I am running the latest release.

Edward K.

#5 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Have to apoligize twice, folks:

First, as I didn´t asnwer for so long

Secondly, it was on an old release and also when saving the activity in MSTS-AE, the event must have been accidentially repositioned so that when checking quickly, it seemed as if it should work, however stopping the train in that 1m overlapping area seems to not have been possible :whistling:

On the same route, in another (unchenged) activity, everything worked just as it´s supposed to.

Nevertheless,tanks for your efforts!

Cheers, Markus

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users