• You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotives ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi Folks,

It's been years - it's funny - you move off on other tangents and time just flies by... Anyway - Walter sent me an email a few weeks ago - kind if piqued my interest in MSTS again - so I figured I'd stop by and see what's happening in the world of train simulator... Hope everyone I knew around here is doing well... I've noticed some incredible work in general model development being done in my absence... As some are aware - my real interest is steam locomotives...

As far as Open Rails is concerned - just the fact that you guys are he still working on this projects says it all - what an incredible level of dedication and perseverance... I hope the community appreciates your work and realizes just how much time and effort it takes to do something like this...

Just a couple of questions on the latest release - if you have a moment....

The tender coal animations don't seem to work - at least on my models... Is this known and is it on the "to do" list ?

I had used some translucency on my models - while it displays fine in MSTS it shows as transparency in OR... Is there a trick to make it translucent again - or - is this not supported ?

I've been playing around with Rick's Monon and the semaphore signals don't work - is this a known issue or could I have something corrupt on my end ?

Is there any plan to incorporate true joystick support - like flight simulator - so we can get away from key presses - and - finally utilize the generic joystick controller market for our hardware ?

I must say - everything looks so much better in OR... Really looking forward to some improved steam smoke (particle effects) in the sim as well... It looks like the diesels have a better system than the steam engines do at the moment...

Anyway - let me play around and we'll see how it goes... Once again - thanks for all your hard work...

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Thanks Walter - appreciate the input...
:)

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1