Elvas Tower: Two displays in Open Rails - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two displays in Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_PM1225_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Gawd, the Open Rails crew must get tired of my whiny requests. Here's what I'd like to do if possible: At our museum, we have set up a train sim in a replica locomotive cab. For the main display, we are using a 42" LED tv, and we're considering using a 19" pc monitor as a secondary display for panels such as the track monitor, switch indicator, next station and such. What we'd like to accomplish, if possible, is have the heads-up display over on the 19" monitor also. This would leave the actual train sim without any obstructing data on the main display.

Most of this is simple using Windows dual monitor settings - we can simply drag the panels over to the 19" monitor. The heads-up display doesn't respond to this because it isn't in a "window" like the other panels. Anyone have an easy way to do this? Running Windows 7 32 bit and the latest Open Rails experimental release. The graphics card (as I recall) is a GIGABYTE GV-N630-2GI GeForce with 2 Gb memory, we just installed it a couple of weeks ago along with a good power supply. This setup has been running well so far, the addition of the secondary monitor is the only untested feature.

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Alas, no, OR doesn't work well with multiple displays. You can put the whole window across multiple displays (if they're driven by the same graphics card, performance should be good) but that will obviously mean the 3D view is across them both too. The popup windows are stuck inside the main window for now, sorry. :)

#3 Inactive_PM1225_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Okay, James. Thanks for your response. I won't spend any time trying to engineer something, then.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users