Elvas Tower: More OR wierdness - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More OR wierdness spinning boilers, locked switches, and...Sumpter valley no work! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sawyer811 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Trainz/MSTS

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hey all, I'm back...with more problems. Note that I am running 1512, the experimental version.

OK, I've been getting back into my Narrow Gauge groove of late, and have run across a couple errors/issues that I kind of need help on. the first concerns bpratt's C-21 model. I love the thing, but it's got a major SNAFU in OR that makes it nigh impossible to run...though hilarious to look at.

When starting the train moving...well, whenever the train is moving basically...the boiler spins along its centerline Z-axis, almost like it's tuned to the driving wheels (though the outside frames make it hard to discern if the boiler is spinning at the same speed of as the drivers). I don't have a screenie, unfortunately, but I can grab one if needed. Note that framerates and other operational aspects of the game are NOT affected by this problem.

The second concerns the Sumpter Valley Railway NG route from trainsim.com. one of the "explore" activities has you leaving sumpter headed westbound. However, when you get roughly abreast of the sawmill (the name escapes me at the moment, sorry) my screen blanks out to grey and typically crashes a few seconds later. If I can I'll try to grab the log file off of that later and edit this post to include it.

the third "issue" is really more of a clarification. on the F8 (switch control) HUD screen, what is the difference between "red" and "Green" colored switches? I've had some that I couldn't throw that were shaded red, and was just wondering.

#2 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

On the K-28 in the file library, the pilot (cowcatcher) spins around the front wheels...

Robert

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

sawyer811, on 14 April 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

the third "issue" is really more of a clarification. on the F8 (switch control) HUD screen, what is the difference between "red" and "Green" colored switches? I've had some that I couldn't throw that were shaded red, and was just wondering.

"Red" switches are either occupied or part of a 'cleared' route (e.g. a signal has been cleared with a route over that switch) and are therefor locked.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#4 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hi'ya Sawyer, can you please give us your system specs.

Cheers Bazza

#5 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wow. Wonder how they can make that gap a bit bigger.

Usually by lowering the roadbed. A similar incident happened some years ago on the outskirts of my town. A digger on the back of a truck was higher than the bridge underpass, hence truck stops suddenly, with digger bucket jammed tight under the bridge. :oldstry:

Cheers Bazza

#6 User is offline   sawyer811 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

captain_bazza, on 14 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi'ya Sawyer, can you please give us your system specs.

Cheers Bazza

Hiya; my specs are as follows;

Windows 7 Professional OS

8.00 GB RAM

Intel Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10 GHz

2.00 TB Hard Drive (1.81 TB useable)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 video card

#7 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

The second concerns the Sumpter Valley Railway NG route from trainsim.com. one of the "explore" activities has you leaving sumpter headed westbound. However, when you get roughly abreast of the sawmill (the name escapes me at the moment, sorry) my screen blanks out to grey and typically crashes a few seconds later. If I can I'll try to grab the log file off of that later and edit this post to include it.

Your specs are quite sound, so there must be some other explanation. You didn't mention whether you were running in MSTS or Open Rails (version?)

Cheers Bazza

#8 User is offline   sawyer811 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Currently I'm running ORTS exclusively, and ORTS is the 0.8.150(?)2 version...it's the one that first introduced the steam effects in. (I can't recall if there's been another expirimental release since then or not...sorry. It's monday...)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users