• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails running Maximized Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't know if everyone is having the same thing as I am. But what I have in the properties of Open Rails, it is set as a window maximized. I'm using Windows XP. But even with these settings when the program opens it opens up with the menu still invisible (It is showing up with the menu just over the top of screen beyond the screen's viewing area) since it's not at maximized. Although that is what the properties setting is telling it to do it still won't do it.

The only way I can have it maximized is opening it as normal and then setting it maximized after it already is opened by right clicking on the taskbar for the program, and then selecting maximized. I hope that the programmers resolve this along with the many things that needs to be done.

Does anyone have that happening with their versions of Open Rails? I have the latest stable public release, which is version 0.8.0.1251.

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

The shortcut properties will only affect the first window typically, which for Open Rails is the menu. (In fact, there's a hidden launcher process before that which means even the menu might not get to see this information.) If you want to run Open Rails fullscreen, use the option in the menu.

#3 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I usually go fullscreen after the activity has started, Alt+Enter .

#4 User is offline   ED_4 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS or Open Rails

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

This is just for the first window that opens. Once the activity starts it will always be a full screen for the program. I'm just concerned about the opening menu screen (the one that shows up first when Open Rails is started). Since I rarely see the menu names due to it not being seen at the top. This is why I asked if there is some way the settings can be done without me doing the extra strokes to invoke the maximize screen on the start of the program.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users