• You cannot reply to this topic

Bug Tracker Performance Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 01 November 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Is there a chart that shows just New, Waiting, and In Progress, by age?

Could you explain what you're interested in here? If you ignore the green and grey on the charts above, you get that data I think. I have also created the Needs Attention page which specifically lists bugs that need someone to do something (new/untriaged bugs, plus those that have been assigned but unchanged for 4 weeks).

#22 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

The charts shown above are useful in understanding whether the rate of new bugs is in decline or not; That's always useful. What I asked after would make clear what's left to do. Are we building up about the same backlog each month? Is older stuff being ignored? Or being whittled away? The answer is not clear because the relevant bars do not start out on the same baseline over time.

Not that I need to know... I just thought you guys might find the question and its answer to be useful.

#23 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 01 November 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

The charts shown above are useful in understanding whether the rate of new bugs is in decline or not; That's always useful. What I asked after would make clear what's left to do. Are we building up about the same backlog each month? Is older stuff being ignored? Or being whittled away? The answer is not clear because the relevant bars do not start out on the same baseline over time.

Not that I need to know... I just thought you guys might find the question and its answer to be useful.

Ah, I see. I have been planning to do a "bugs created vs fixed/month" graph, but it's somewhat involved due to limits on the queries you can make to the bug database.

#24 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 01 November 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I've made some changes to http://openrails.azu...bugs/statistics which I think cover what you were asking for:

• The second graph is the same as the first, except that it does not show non-bug and fixed categories. This means it shows all unfixed bugs by date of creation.
  • The third graph shows, for the fixed bugs, how long they took to be fixed after being filed.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users