• You cannot reply to this topic

OR paths and Junctions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Maybe it's a bug... maybe it's a user error; But I can't tell so I'm asking for some other eyes to look this over on my behalf.

I use Win 7 and have junctioned a route from one directory to another, allowing everything in \global and \trains to be unique in both locations. Presented graphically, it looks like this, with the source files of the junction on the left and the destination directory structure on the right. The junctioned files are noted in purple:

Attached Image: Maybe its a bug2.jpg

Within the route's world files, I often use relative redirection on what the prgram understands as a \global\shape to use instead a local route\shape. That's shown in green and the bug I'm about to discuss is about that redirection.

When I run OR and specify the route shown on the right I get many messages in the log that are like this one:

Warning: w-011539+014424.w scenery object 226 with StaticFlags 00030DA4 references non-existant E:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Games\1950's Routes\routes\Goose_Island\shapes\SLW_066a_2L-2LT_90d.s

Most curious... not all route shapes are warned... only some: Global shapes where I am redirecting the program away from \global\shapes to the route \shapes folder -- the green redirect stuff:

FileName ( ../../routes/Goose_Island/shapes/SLW_066a_2LS_120m.s )

Of course the file is present (both red to red and blue to purple). When I run the same route in the original, red source location, that message is not generated. It appears only when the redirection is blue to purple. I don't understand why there is a difference except that one is the destination of a junction and the other is the source.

So... the question is: Is this an OR bug or a WIN 7 bug?

========================================

FWIW the purpose of this juntioning is to use the Route Editor in the lefthand environment and Open Rails in the righthand (where I might set up multiple targets) and I do this so I can create era-specific consist definions aimed at an era specific trainset folders. The various consist files must be named the same but what's inside can be completely unique. It works like this:

Attached Image: Maybe its a bug.jpg

It turns out that there is also a bug about that but I'll raise that one separately.

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ok... here's the second half. Looking at the \trains folder in both left and right environments, they're unique.

Attached Image: Maybe its a bug.jpg

The only requirement is the name of the consist file must be identical in both locations... but their contents do not need to be. That allows for era specific stuff to be in the \trainset folder.

Running the right side again, OR concludes it should be finding the \trainset folders over in the red directory structure, on the left. It should be using the blue, on the right. The program appears to be using the file \consists\One' (over on the right) but looking for things over on the left and not finding them.

Might using the paths identified in the menu help solve this?

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Do you want me to open these as bugs in the Bug Tracker software? First, Second, or both?

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

BINGO!

Now that I look I see when I created the junction I did not include the underscore in the string "Goose_Island" but instead typed a space. It doesn't seem to matter tho in all other regards but with the world file redirect it does because it has the underscore, not the space.

So, chalk up this one as user error.

:rotfl:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users