• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TriState Route - Progress Report Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Doug:

I would encourage you to split the routes, retaining each modeled railroad division(s) as an entity. Also be sure to retain enough of the connecting/crossing railroads for AI trains.

Good luck!

#12 User is offline   DRelyea 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hi Andre,

Thanks, So far luck has managed to keep the route from slagging totally, but the more the better (the luck)

That is the idea, about the shortened Railroads having enough track for AI traffic without having them beam in from the transporter room. The possibilities for the visual recreations are almost endless as far as the 11 Class 1 railroads already in place. Only the B&O to Staten Island has no driveable track. An example would be Lackawanna and SusieQ traffic while operating an L&NE train over the bridge at Portland - Columbia

A question: When we first started, you sent us a list of things needing to be removed from your L&NE after it was merged in. Should that list have included the turntable and erecting shop at Pen Argyl? They appear to be the only things left that haven't come in from other routes (L&HR, Gravity Railroad)

Doug Relyea

#13 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

If you feel those models are good enough for use on the final product, then feel free to include them in the release. Those objects are route-specific (they are unique to Pen Argyl), and seeing as I gave my L&NE route to the TriState project, then I will include releasing those models for your use.

Looking forward to enjoying some of the interesting railroads that will be included in the TriState route project.

#14 User is offline   DRelyea 

• Conductor

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hi Andre,

The models are more than suitable, I was concerned about the permissions to use them. Thank you for your permission to use them.

Doug Relyea

#15 User is offline   Frank 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

It's pretty much the first time i hear about this route, and the informations i could gather about it seems a bit sparse - may I ask for an overall picture? Please bear with me if that isn't exactly the best place to ask.

#16 User is offline   DRelyea 

• Conductor

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Hi Frank,

Overall, it's an effort to recreate the Anthracite Railroads of the US in the period 1920 - 1950, spanning the region from Scranton and Wilkes-Barre to New York City. Beside original Trackwork, the route has merged into it Richard Shirey's L&HR, Andre Ming's L&NE, Werner Mueller's Lehigh Route, and Walt Niehoff's Switchback Railroad. Much of the track in the first three has been adjusted to reflect increased information about our period relating to industries and sidings, Walt's route I replaced the dynamic Track with A1t sections that were not availalble when he first built it.

The Class 1 Railroads: B&O, CNJ, D&H, DL&W, ERIE, L&HR, L&NE, LV, NYC, NYNH&H, NYS&W, NYO&W, PRR, Reading. Some of these, will only have small portions. NYNH&H is basically only the south end of Maybrook Yard, and the connection to the O&W and L&NE at Campbell Hall. The Reading only has the ends of it's main to Allentown, as well as of branches that tied to the CNJ and LV along the Lehigh River. The D&H will only be that part of the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Carbondale area.

The L&HR, L&NE, NYS&W will be complete, as well as the Switchback, along with the Middletown & Unionville (which was the original project), the Ironton, the Northampton & Bath, the Chestnut Ridge, the Sterling Mountain, and other Independent shortlines I'm not remembering right now.

I have posted at Trainsim.com, under the ORTS Screenshots sub forum a number of Work in Progress screenshots of various places in the route, under the 'Various Screenshots with no particular theme' thread.

Doug Relyea

#17 User is offline   Frank 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

Thank you for the detailed answer - it was exactly what i was looking for :)!

Oh, and the screenshots just show how much potential this route could have - the custom structures are beautifully done :).

#18 User is offline   rallaren 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

I am just reading Roger Grants book on the history of "weary Erie" so the Tristate project fits perfectly in. Looking at the beautifull shots, the story comes to live. :clapping:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users