• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corner Gas Station In the library now Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

I just uploaded the 1940's Shell corner gas station to this library. It comes with night textures. Because of the high level of polygons in the pump island light fixtures, I had to make them a separate shape file. A little tricky to position, but nothing too difficult for a seasoned Route builder/modder B) .

Attached Image: Corner_Shell_side.jpg

Attached Image: Image5.jpg

Attached Image: Corner_Shell2.jpg

Attached Image: Corner_Shell_night.jpg

#2 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Tim,
You are my hero...This is awesome. I hope to find so spot along the JTC for this gem.

Where'd that Dodge come from?

#3 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi Frank, I'm glad you like it. How is your Johnstown Traction route? Have you been able to do any more work on it? Did you see my post on the Krauss-Maffei camera car with that link to misterslides on ebay? He usually has many JTC slides for auction, like that below...

Attached Image: jtc351.jpg

#4 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Post icon  Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hello Tim
Nice shot. Boy You certainly have a great data base of period Railroad pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Tony B)

#5 Inactive_bburnett_*

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

Tim,

Your Shell station is incredible as is your Thompson's Grocery. I have never seen MSTS buildings that were more realistic. You willingness to share them with the route building community is greatly appreciated.

Here is a screen shot of your Shell station as it looks in the soon to be uploaded Sea View 5.

Thanks !
Bill Burnett

Attached Image: Shell_2.jpg

#6 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

Man, that's a great scene, Bill. It looks like Anytown, USA, before The War, and I want to live there. I'm happy to see the Shell station put to good use in such a nice neighborhood. And thanks for the compliments, I appreciate them. :p

#7 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:26 AM

Tim,
Thanks for the info. I'll look it up.

I'd love to be able to say that the JTC was well underway and sprawling all over digital Pennsylvania, but that's not true. I have been experimenting a little with new track profiles and the like, but nothing you could call a route. It does come in handy when you want to test models in a sterile environment.

Even an area as small as Johnstown is a huge undertaking, so I'm planning on starting with the town "square". I'm not sure if it ia a square, but the JTC tracks form one in the heart of Johnstown, just east of the junction of the Little Conemaugh and Stoney Creek where they become the Conemaugh River. I'm hoping to take a cue from your digital dioramas. If I get started, I'll have something to continue, if you know what I mean.

In the meantime I have been collecting more information. Thanks again for the tip!

#8 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:46 AM

Bill,
Just want ed to let you know I enjoy the Sea View routes, wish I had that kind of imagination.

I also want to know where you got the street trackage I see in the shot. I could use that in Johnstown.

#9 Inactive_bburnett_*

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

Hi Frank,

That isn't really street trackage. That is default track lowered part way into the default MSTS dirt road. I modified a brick texture to match the road color and put the texture on a simple flat panel object made with TSM. Then I placed the brick panels on top of the road. The screen shot below shows the brick panel raised and rotated so you can see what I mean. Will be glad to send you the panel if you can use it. My email is wcburnett@comcast.net.

Bill Burnett

Hot-Linked images lost from image server.
Read this Announcement about using remote image servers so that this never happens to you.

#10 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Ah, so! I've done a similar thing, but couldn't do any for switches or curves. I made two lengths, 100 meter and I forget the other, maybe 10 meter. I alpha'd the edges to blend the edges with the paving and added guardrail textures. I also would be willing to share these objects if there's an interest.

Attached Image: Image1.jpg

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users