• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signal Issue An OR bug? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

I was running the LHR_CB-2 activity on the Lehigh & Hudson River 1968 route and found a signal, perhaps half an hour in where the visual indication on the PRR position light signal conflicted with aspect shown on the track monitor. Ignoring rule #1 "in case of doubt the safe course must be followed," I proceeded at restricted speed, as shown on the signal, despite the stop indication on the track monitor. Once past this signal I got a couple more restricted blocks and a green. I was coming up on what the track monitor said would be a restricted signal when I saw a train heading toward me, so I dumped it and managed to avoid a derailment with a southbound PC runthrough (AI train). Uh oh! I'm calling my union rep now because I'm anticipating being called on the carpet and receiving time off for this one!

So I think there must be an open rails signal bug here. I'm not sure what the correct procedure for reporting OR bugs is. Is this it? (Maybe my union rep will know)

Christopher

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postconductorchris, on 27 September 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

I was running the LHR_CB-2 activity on the Lehigh & Hudson River 1968 route and found a signal, perhaps half an hour in where the visual indication on the PRR position light signal conflicted with aspect shown on the track monitor. Ignoring rule #1 "in case of doubt the safe course must be followed," I proceeded at restricted speed, as shown on the signal, despite the stop indication on the track monitor. Once past this signal I got a couple more restricted blocks and a green. I was coming up on what the track monitor said would be a restricted signal when I saw a train heading toward me, so I dumped it and managed to avoid a derailment with a southbound PC runthrough (AI train). Uh oh! I'm calling my union rep now because I'm anticipating being called on the carpet and receiving time off for this one!

So I think there must be an open rails signal bug here. I'm not sure what the correct procedure for reporting OR bugs is. Is this it? (Maybe my union rep will know)

Christopher

I obtained almost the exact same result on the "Yandi to the coast" activity on the "Port Hedland to MAC" route. The description here is almost word for word my own experience.
One extra point I noticed in the F4 display that my authority extended to the second loop towards Port hedland from the Yandi loadout loop (around 37 kilometres) but that did not stop the dispacher putting an opposing train on the single track. A pile up from two 208 car trains probably would make a real mess particularly as my train is going down grade with a trailing load of 30,000 tons and would not have a snow balls chance in the hot place below of slowing down at all.

Lindsay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users