Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keyboard troubles with version 0.8.0 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BjarneL 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

I am having trouble operating the new version of the simulator from my keyboard. None of the Function keys can be used and several commands are impossible to execute, for instance activating the dispatcher window (Ctrl 9). It should be noted, that I am using a keyboard set up for the Danish language. I tried to switch keyboard mode to English, but no success.

I have not yet been through all keyboard commands to check their behavior, but if of any help I will be happy to do so.

By the way, the developers cannot be thanked enough for their immense efforts! Thank you!

Bjarne

#2 User is offline   BjarneL 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

As a wild guess I changed my wireless keyboard with a standard wire equipped keyboard and now at least the Function keys are working. And I discovered that the in-game description (F1) in some way is different from the one in the text file e.g. Ctrl 9.

Bjarne

#3 User is offline   BjarneL 

• Apprentice

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

:lol2: I just found out that the problem is my keyboard, the F-lock key does not work. The list of key commands in the Help function is very useful. Is it possible to print the list?

Bjarne

#4 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostBjarneL, on 27 September 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

:wub: I just found out that the problem is my keyboard, the F-lock key does not work. The list of key commands in the Help function is very useful. Is it possible to print the list?

You can get Open Rails to save two files for you by pressing the Debug Dump Keymap key (Alt-F1 by default). This will create "keyboard.txt" containing a textual list very similar to the list in F1/Help window and "keyboard.png" containing a high-resolution image very similar to the top image in F1/Help, suitable for printing out as a quick-reference.

Edit: P.S. These are both created in the direction you put Open Rails (next to OpenRails.exe).

#5 User is offline   BjarneL 

• Apprentice

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Thanks a lot! I will forward the information to the Danish ORTS community.

And by the way, I just learned that grandchildren, apple juice and my keyboard is a bad combination!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users