Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Think I'm getting the hang of steam. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Pretty much a carbon copy of my first foray with the 4-4-0, but think I got the hang of it now. Plus I also whipped up some lighter older CN coaches. They're repaints of the Pentacosta ones, and I can upload here if anyone is interested? I warn you now, they're pretty 'lo-fi'. :D

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hmmm, isn't that similar to Casey Jones' locomotive? :D Some of those early bar-framed locos looked a tad skeletal underneath. The cars look just fine and dandy....upload'em by all means.

Cheers Bazza

#3 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Funny you should mention that. As I have the Marklin 'Casey Jones' Z Scale set, which is really nice. And it was the old cars on that which got me looking for something similar I could do for CN. Hunting around the sites, I found the perfect ones. Downloaded, and got to repainting right away. Fair bit of work, but not looking bad. Even made a special car with authentic CN 'cream and gold' interior. All ready to lash them up to the Chile Bill, and noticed 'NG' on them - nice going? No good? Oh no - narrow gauge? Turned those puppies upside down in S View,, and sure enough! ;)

So you gents get the best of both worlds here. My good old standard gauge rust buckets AND these otherwise fictitious CNn's I guess you could call them? They might still be fun on someones route, or fantasy something? ;)

#4 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

There are standard gauge versions of the Overland coach on the other site. I believe they're by John Fowlis.

#5 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Kinda jumped the gun with all this video making. Found them Dustin, and thanks! ;) Reworked the crazy narrow gauge onto them and seems to work like a charm. Will be in the library here shortly. ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users