• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=1436
File Name: 3 Axle HW Sound Update
File Submitter: Noisemaker
File Submitted: 08 Jul 2012
File Category: Sound Files

A unique series of sounds and SMS for varying styles of 3 axle passenger wagons that compliment exterior and interior views through out. Created and compiled from video and audio sources supplied by Dustin Raiken, myself and reworked Kuju defaults.

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks again for accepting my request. I never thought my cr@ppy sound recordings would ever be pushed this far. I'm overjoyed to see this soundset in the file library for all to download, especially for the fact that I only know of one other 3-axle soundset which doesn't sound "heavy" at all. The real kicker, though, is that this was recorded with a gaming device. If I didn't mention in my personal note that I recorded the sounds with a Nintendo 3DS, downloaders would think that I recorded the sounds with a professional sound recorder. What you've done was that you've turned the product of what might've been a public nuisance into a complete and utter masterpiece. Thanks again for taking on the challenges which you faced and being generous enough to release this to the public. I know that this will come in handy for running heavyweights in any given situation.

#3 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

No problem Dustin. And for those that know I've been pushing Khz limits with the best of them lately - this sound set maybe a little bit of a let down. Although all samples are at 11k, the exterior and some interior sounds were pumped heavily with EQ via a spectrum analyzer, so the sharp crispness could be preserved and exploited. Whereas a feature like 'muzak' has been taken BELOW 11k. So as crisp and realistic the sounds maybe to hopefully many, they are a complete 180 from the recent Hi-Def work. But I think these sounds in conjunction with some of the higher quality steam and diesel equipment out there lashed up should work well in tandem. And hopefully keep FPS and/or any other anomalies from 'pushing the envelope' with MSTS to a bare minimum now.

#4 User is offline   wellerk 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Where is the best place to put the 3-axle sounds and SMS files in MSTS? Seems like overload to put these files in each 3-axle psgr car in the trainset file. Put it in commond.snd file within trainset file? (but I'm not sure how to "alias" the files then). Or best to put it in the overall top-leval sound file (where the other general wag files are, like genpasswagsteam and genpasswagmodern)?
Thanks - Ken W in Mononland

#5 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

I suggest Common.snd.

HOW TO ALIAS A FILE

1. Go into the .wag file by dragging it into a Notepad. Silly as it sounds, it works.
2. Find the Sound tag. This should say something like "genpasswagmodern.sms" in it.
3. If your 3-axle folder is called "3-axle HW Sound Upgrade" and the file you're using is called 3AxleEXT, you should replace the "genpasswagmodern" with the following tag.
"../../Common.snd/3-axle HW Sound Upgrade/3AxleEXT.sms"

#6 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

One thing Dustin forgot to say first is that the included Sound folder can be renamed to anything you see fit - say '3AxleHW', '3AxlePass', whatever. And that renamed folder and it's contents placed into your Trainset/Common.SND folder then.

Then as Dustin describes, your Coaches WAG files must be edited to go to that new location then. For my little experience with these coach types, I find that 'interior' sounds (if any?) are located near the top of the opened WAG file. You should see something like 'PassengerView ( ' and at the bottom of it's parenthesis something like Sound ( "coachInside.sms" ). So this should be changed to 'Sound ( "../../Common.SND/3AxleHW/3axleCoach1INT.sms" ) or Coach2 if you prefer. And near the bottom of the opened WAG is usually the 'exterior' sound. So as Dustin describes then.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users