• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 Axle HW Sound Update Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks Dustin. And yes, I should also thank Paul Charland for those great CN CPA engines, which I think came from his TIR route? Some great finds on that little stamp of a route. Sadly though, the sounds of them are really cantankerous, so as I was testing the cars, I also quickly clamped a lot of those engine sounds to better loop and lower volumes and such. So doing double duty really. :D

And yes, just a basic interior with no other ambient sounds other than interior wheels is included as well. For those that wish to use the set 'as is' is fine. But I think many of the more experienced may 'inter mix' with other payware/freeware sounds to make things even more unique for themselves. So again, it's really just a 'generic set' for all to use, enhance, modify to their own liking. Not specific to any one road or era.
BTW - There are also instructions how one can easily make their own 'muzak' for the coaches. I went with Hagood Hardy because his music is so 'light' and the titles so fitting - 'Travelin' On' and 'The Homecoming' (eat your heart out Paul Shaffer! :drinks: ) And sadly, even though it's 2 songs in mono, it still upped the overall size by 10MB. But anyone who wants to string together Glen Miller, Artie Shaw, and Benny Goodman as a medley can do so with their Audio Editor, convert to 11k and make it all mono, and simply Save As 'MonoMuzak' into the Sound folder and overwrite. Keep in mind, the sound will degrade to 7khz. But I find this is good to emulate a old rustic PA system, and saves one from having to apply their own EQ and effects to achieve roughly the same quality and realism.

#12 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Just a reminder; the soundset is in the TrainSim and Elvas Tower file libraries.

#13 Inactive_Patweismann_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Man im really impressed, it sounds really good in game! Thumbs up all the way!

#14 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

No problem. I think Steven did a spectacular job with my sounds.

#15 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

They called me mad at the Ontario College Of Art, and Masters and Johnson had to file a restraining order against me - but I showed them! :oldstry:

Thanks Pat, all in a days work for me. Well in this case, a couple. :sign_oops:

#16 User is offline   pinpuller 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

I just watched and listened with volume up and the wheel sounds are great. Thanks for the work. I'll be adding it in.

Pinpuller

#17 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Thanks. I recorded the sounds and I'm privileged to have had Steven use my sounds.

#18 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks as well Pinpuller. And while making and testing these cars, I was also quickly tweeking Paul's CPA 16 engine sounds as seen in the video. Though Paul did pretty good with the horn, it wasn't 'proper' for that engine. So if you're a fan of C Liner diesels as used in the video, I've just crafted what I think are some pretty good Nathan M3H horns for all to use on MSTS in the library here. :oldstry:

#19 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Thanks Steven, but the CPA engines aren't mine, found them in the library at trainsim.com!

Paul :-)

#20 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Ahh - so what they say about 'assume' is right then. :sign_thanks: Sorry Paul, just took it for granted that with all the great rolling stock you've been whipping up, those were amongst them. For all my amassing of CN stuff over the years at TS, I don't think I ever came across those? Then again, searching the world for a Dutch TEE train for years - and ones been sitting in Germany's TheTrain.de only known as 'RAm TEE'. Doesn't come up on a generic search for TEE other than the German design.

Oh well, I'm sure people who search out CPA 16 will find it now at TS as well. :oldstry:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users