Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reseting OR registry settings Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

How does one go about reseting or clearing OR's windows registry settings. OR is quite unstable on one of systems, this being a recent phenomon, its somehow screwed up its registry settings.

This may be a dumb question my defence being my primary OS is Linux and has been for over 17 years. I only run Windows for MSTS and now OR.

Lindsay

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi Lindsay,

Let me first say that I doubt that registry is causing any instability.

An uninstall should take out any reg settings.
I just did a search of the registry for open rail and I did not see anything that would cause instability.

Cheers
Derek

#3 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

You can delete the entire Registry Key for Open Rails at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenRails\ORTS", which you can do via "regedit". Usual disclaimers about backing up before editing the registry apply.

#4 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Probably best to say what has happenned...........

I installed the mini-route Scotish Central plus, after a small amount of playing around this worked OK as an MSTS mini route. When I tried it in OR I set it up in the route selection window and on starting OR ran OK but almost produced no text in the console and produced no log at all. Before this OR had been behaving well regular logs and no crashes I found though it was now crashing on an irregular basis, sometimes only after a few minutes sometimes running for a couple of hours before doing so, at least two of the crashes have occured when switching views. As there is no log no further info is availble. I cannot remember the actual error but it was more of a general error message, ie it did not give any detail. I removed OR and re-installed it same result.

Note 1: OR behaves the same way now on all routes I have installed, I have not tried any of the default routes though.

Note 2: OR did run the Scotish Central Plus route OK although it only picked up a handfull of the loco's availible, I did not experience a crash of OR in it but I have also never run the scotish central for very long.

Note 3: OR runs perfectly well on my other machines, same basic install (uncluding same drive layout, remember all machines run LInux as the primary OS) but without the Scotish route

Lindsay

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users