• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jordanian Railways Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

A few shots from the Railways of Jordan.....

Attached Image: 05J.jpg
Attached Image: 06J.jpg
Attached Image: 01J.jpg
Attached Image: 02J.jpg
Attached Image: 03J.jpg
Attached Image: 04J.jpg

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Very cool! Always been fascinated with Arab countries. And especially now with all the politics and progress and power struggles going on there. But through all that, it really never dawned on me these countries do indeed have railroads, A wonder America hasn't vamped in a rail network for Iraq and Kuwait et al now. Could be 'the new frontier' for them again. Uniting people to places, and fending off the indians - er, terrorists in doing so. :) The most easy, fast and sure fire way to get the world economy 'back on track'. And let the princes and emirs have their 'royal coaches' and all. Oil prices would drop, BNSF, SP, NS et al could export their second hand goods to be used over there, and would just inflate the residential, job, and commerce market over there 100 times than what America or Canada ever experienced with it's transcontinentals of yore.

But I digress. ;)

#3 User is offline   Fred 

• Engineer

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I have always known that middle eastern countries have had railroads for many years. Looking at the screen shots it suddenly occurred to me that it must have been murder to be a fireman on a steam engine when the ambient temperature is about 110F. :)

#4 User is offline   caldrail 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

There's been a series of railway documentaries in Britain just lately as celebs or writers explore the world by train. In one, the camera crew caught a jordnain train as it derailed coming into the station. No-one was hurt and the accident was very low speed but astonishing to watch nonetheless. The poor driver was in tears afterward. It seems love of railways is something pretty universal to people everywhere.

#5 User is offline   Alexey_Soljenitchev 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'd like to have some Israeli routes ... especially the one from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Very scenic !

By the way, where can I download that Jordanian route ?

#6 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostAlexey_Soljenitchev, on 03 June 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I'd like to have some Israeli routes ... especially the one from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Very scenic !

By the way, where can I download that Jordanian route ?

Gidday Alexey,
The route I portrayed was a very small section of a route available over at Trensim.com called 'Gibraleón a Ayamonte'. The date palms are part of the route. I only changed the ground cover and maybe the tracks, I think. It's one of the closest routes I could find that seemed to portray the Jordanian landscape.
There are some equally great routes at Trensim worth checking out if you haven't done so already.
Cheers
Damo

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users