Elvas Tower: Open Rails loading error Error: System.ArgumentException: - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails loading error Error: System.ArgumentException: Rate Topic: -----

#11 Inactive_helping son_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Thanks. I usually have ideas like this to try as many things as possible and then post the results. This time it seems I don't so sorry about that.

Loading the default routes in OR works! (Even with the trains from the Czech route) In MSTS I can't even try - the error is in the first loading during startup.

#12 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

I can say that many 3rd party routes are built in very odd way, using many "dark sides" of the MSTS. I usually run the Bratislava-Prague route (www.semora.cz/msts) without problems (up to rev.1004). Other czech or slovak routes are out, probably because of these "dark sides" which MSTS tolerates. The patience is the best solution - the team is working hard on many 3rd-party products' issues...

If you have access to the newest version of the ORTS, you should see this messsage (or similar). Before rev. 1004 this message doesn't appear (I will report the issue soon, James :D )
Error: System.IO.InvalidDataException: {TileX:-5483 TileZ:14794 X:584,074 Y:0 Z:-649,124} failed to initialize Traveller at track node 1.
   at ORTS.Traveller..ctor(TSectionDatFile tSectionDat, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TrackNode startTrackNode, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Single x, Single z)
   at ORTS.Traveller..ctor(TSectionDatFile tSectionDat, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TrackNode startTrackNode, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Single x, Single z, TravellerDirection direction)
   at ORTS.Signals.AddSignal(Int32 trackNode, Int32 nodeIndx, SignalItem sigItem, Int32 prevSignal, TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, Int32 TDBRef, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile)
   at ORTS.Signals.ScanSection(TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, Int32 index, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile)
   at ORTS.Signals.BuildSignalList(TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile)
   at ORTS.Signals..ctor(Simulator simulator, SIGCFGFile sigcfg)
   at ORTS.Simulator.Start()
   at ORTS.Program.<>c__DisplayClass8.<Start>b__7()
   at ORTS.Program.Start(UserSettings settings, String[] args)
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.TraceEventInternal(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.TraceEvent(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.TraceEvent(TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.Diagnostics.Trace.TraceError(String format, Object[] args)
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.WriteLine(Object o)
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.WriteLine(Object value)
   at System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine(Object value)
   at ORTS.Program.Start(UserSettings settings, String[] args)
   at ORTS.Program.Main(String[] args)

#13 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

It's a shame the routes are so much work to purchase from the UK. :D

Matej, you may be able to get the route to load by increasing 'const float InitErrorMargin' in the Traveller a bit, though if it needs increasing too much we might need a different strategy.

#14 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

I didn't experiment with it too much but the value 1.0f works fine (instead of 0.01f). Maybe it would help to have an option to change this value somewhere in the configuration.

#15 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

What does changing this value effectively accomplish?

#16 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postlongiron, on 05 June 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

What does changing this value effectively accomplish?

It's the distance from the track section that the code allows X/Y/Z positions to be and still accept them (when matching X/Y/Z information to locations on the track database) - this includes being before the beginning and after the end, as well as being off to the sides. I'm a bit unhappy with 1.0f, that seems quite large considering the points should be on the track sections; does 0.1f work? Higher values can also mean it can get connected to the wrong section of track if two are close together. It really shouldn't be configurable IMHO.

#17 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

I really don't know what you did but you did it great - I have tested some local routes and the signals are painted correctly - finally (they weren't in aprox. v1000 and earlier). But, I'm still getting following error related to the InitErrorMargin. I've tried to change it from 0.01 to 0.1 without success. The only value that works for me is 0.5. I'm wondering what can cause such a problem. It is route-related problem, there must be a solution, e.g. open and save the route in the editor or I don't know. Is it the track node placement causing this error? I've noticed that this is not related to a particular path - it occures for any path I have. Setting the InitErrorMargin to 0.5 is not the solution, I guess.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matej

Error: System.IO.InvalidDataException: {TileX:-5483 TileZ:14794 X:584,074 Y:0 Z:-649,124} failed to initialize Traveller at track node 1.
   at ORTS.Traveller..ctor(TSectionDatFile tSectionDat, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TrackNode startTrackNode, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Single x, Single z) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Traveller.cs:line 212
   at ORTS.Traveller..ctor(TSectionDatFile tSectionDat, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TrackNode startTrackNode, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Single x, Single z, TravellerDirection direction) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Traveller.cs:line 226
   at ORTS.Signals.AddSignal(Int32 trackNode, Int32 nodeIndx, SignalItem sigItem, Int32 prevSignal, TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, Int32 TDBRef, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Signals\Signals.cs:line 633
   at ORTS.Signals.ScanSection(TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, Int32 index, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Signals\Signals.cs:line 583
   at ORTS.Signals.BuildSignalList(TrItem[] TrItems, TrackNode[] trackNodes, TSectionDatFile tsectiondat, TDBFile tdbfile) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Signals\Signals.cs:line 366
   at ORTS.Signals..ctor(Simulator simulator, SIGCFGFile sigcfg) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Signals\Signals.cs:line 74
   at ORTS.Simulator.Start() in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Simulator\Simulator.cs:line 182
   at ORTS.Program.<>c__DisplayClass8.<Start>b__7() in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\_Main.cs:line 132
   at ORTS.Program.Start(UserSettings settings, String[] args) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\_Main.cs:line 168
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.TraceEventInternal(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Common\ErrorLogger.cs:line 145
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.TraceEvent(TraceEventCache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Common\ErrorLogger.cs:line 105
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.TraceEvent(TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
   at System.Diagnostics.Trace.TraceError(String format, Object[] args)
   at ORTS.ORTraceListener.WriteLine(Object o) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\Common\ErrorLogger.cs:line 175
   at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.WriteLine(Object value)
   at System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine(Object value)
   at ORTS.Program.Start(UserSettings settings, String[] args) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\_Main.cs:line 172
   at ORTS.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\pacha\Práce\Projekty\Simulator\ORTS\trunk\Source\RunActivity\_Main.cs:line 98

#18 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostMatej Pacha, on 18 July 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I really don't know what you did but you did it great - I have tested some local routes and the signals are painted correctly - finally (they weren't in aprox. v1000 and earlier). But, I'm still getting following error related to the InitErrorMargin. I've tried to change it from 0.01 to 0.1 without success. The only value that works for me is 0.5. I'm wondering what can cause such a problem. It is route-related problem, there must be a solution, e.g. open and save the route in the editor or I don't know. Is it the track node placement causing this error? I've noticed that this is not related to a particular path - it occures for any path I have. Setting the InitErrorMargin to 0.5 is not the solution, I guess.
Any suggestions?

0.5 is quite a lot of error (0.5 meters) to be dealing with, but if it's enough to fix all of the routes you have I'm not totally against it. It would be nice to actually see one of these in the debugger, of course, but that seems impractical for now.

You can commit a change of up to 1.0f, as necessary, with my blessing for the release.

#19 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm a bit scared about committing such an error. Maybe it is just this route. Let's wait for the feedback. Maybe there will be more than one route requiring higher error margin.

Matej

#20 User is offline   Matej Pacha 

• Engineer

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

As I thought - the initial margin error is here but it is for one particular route for now (I have several reports from Bratislava-Praha route users). Let's wait for a while. There will be an update of v0.8 shortly. In anybody has the same problem, please let us know.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users