• You cannot reply to this topic

At The Railyard: Surfliner 2 Review Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#11 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostTrain-a-Mania, on 21 May 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

What you heard was a cover of the original Enya song.

Hmmm, guess I'll have to listen again 'coz I didn't notice much difference! LOL Before I made my post I did google the two terms and didn't find anything about it, either.

Still a well-done review. :dance3:

#12 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostTrain-a-Mania, on 21 May 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I composed "Surf Line" using Acoustica Mixcraft 5. The guitar is fake - I took the original guitar sound, ran it through an amp simulator, and further tweaked it. I came up with the riff, and constructed everything else around it.

That's interesting to know, Nick. I own the unregistered version of Mixcraft 4 and my older brother is thinking of buying Mixcraft 6 as well as having the registered version of Mixcraft 4. However, my work comes nowhere close to that of yours. One of my songs (titled "Penny Pincher") has almost no rhythm whatsoever except for a few seconds of the melody!

#13 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

That is interesting software. Again, no offense - but reminds me a lot of Apple's 'Garageband'. My friend thinks it's just a 'DJ phrase loop hip hop trance paint by numbers' kinda thing. But I've shown him with a MIDI/USB keyboard hooked up, and bringing up some of the sounds like piano, guitar, one can add over those loops, or just make raw new tracks entirely, and new drum beats as well. I used tape, sequencers, and Synapse's Orion Platinum for most of my music career, and done everything 'from scratch'. Really at odds with 'sample loop construction kits' and/or 'remixing'. Some use them for a 'base' and by the end wind up with a 90% original tune. (ala Trent Reznor) Others like hip hop guys just take a David Bowie or Police instrumental and rap over it and beef up the beat a bit. So something like this Mixcraft and/or Garageband I do and don't take seriously. Just thankful Nick didn't lay down a funk loop with it and sing 'Yo, yo, yo, Here we go. Surfliner Two, whatcha gonna do? Driving it with pride, take my :lol2: for a ride! The thrill of the hills, and no one pays no bills.... Awwwwwww yeh!" - Wait a minute, that could actually be a hit for Jay Z come to think of it. :jumpy:

#14 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostNoisemaker, on 22 May 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Just thankful Nick didn't lay down a funk loop with it and sing 'Yo, yo, yo, Here we go. Surfliner Two, whatcha gonna do? Driving it with pride, take my :lol2: for a ride! The thrill of the hills, and no one pays no bills.... Awwwwwww yeh!"

That would be hilarious, Steven! :jumpy: There have been some ATR episodes where Nick sounds like he's rapping due to certain background music (i.e. DW CSX AC6000CW, RSC Donner Pass, RSC GG1).

#15 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Team Nick up with Rihanna and see what happens. Wouldn't be any worse than 'Shy Ronnie'...

http://www.guavaleaf...L-Digital-Short

As long as Nick doesn't pee himself that is. :lol2:

#16 User is offline   Mipman25 

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

"Surfliner Two"- Nick Ozorak (feat. Rihanna)

You're hilarious, Steven. I can't believe that Nick didn't make a comment about the Surfliner 2 rap.

#17 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Nick's too classy for my silliness. Now Ric Ocasek on the other hand...? :(

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users