Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Downtown Toronto Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Damo inspired me to finally work on my 'downtown' - though a little bigger than Djibouti.....

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/TheNoisemaker/DowntownToronto.jpg

But those that know Toronto and the GTA route can hopefully appreciate that BCE Place looks proper now. And the EDS building wasn't any picnic either. :sweatingbullets: But thanks to Sketch Up - BCE was actually all done today, with minimized polys to boot!

#2 User is offline   damo 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Mate,
I don't know the area at all but I always admire the hard work of all the modellers out there. Looks like some blood, sweat and tears went into your work so far.
Damo

#3 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Damo. Actually with Sketch Up, most of the buildings were already done. The hard part on many of them is 're-texturing', as a lot of the image maps are obstructed by another big building or something. So then it's taking a small crop of upper windows and pasting them below, and so on. Then having to kind of 'blend' everything back together again. The other bugger is 'gutting' these buildings. As many will have a lot of flotsam/jetsam walls, lines, faces, etc. But once they're removed, the overall size can come down considerably. Some of these guys started off at 3000+ polys/edges whatever. And with careful 'gutting', I was able to bring most into or under the 1000 range. So kind of a switch up from your Djibouti route and Tim Muirs great work. My guys might not be pretty 'close up' - but can certainly be seen from great distances. :ko2:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users