Elvas Tower: Hello and a question re. BIN and Ozark Northern - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello and a question re. BIN and Ozark Northern Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_jyduchene_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well, I have just retired and am finally able to spend the time with my MSTS that I have wished for a while. I have just installed Open Rail and much appreciate the work and the improvements. I am thinking of buying the Ozark Northern Mod at V Scale creations. I notice it requires the MSTS bin. enhancement. I also understand that bin is not functional under Open Rail. So my long winded question is will Ozark Northern run under Open Rail?

Thanks in advance for any reply. John

#2 User is offline   wellsburg 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

John,

Go ahead and purchase the Ozark Northern. If you like Turn-of-Century ( 1900's ) railroading, ON is the greatest and comes with excellent locomotives & rolling stock.

The route runs fine in OR.

Welcome to Elvas Tower, you will not find a better railroad simulation web site.

Mike

#3 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View Postjyduchene, on 03 March 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Well, I have just retired and am finally able to spend the time with my MSTS that I have wished for a while. I have just installed Open Rail and much appreciate the work and the improvements. I am thinking of buying the Ozark Northern Mod at V Scale creations. I notice it requires the MSTS bin. enhancement. I also understand that bin is not functional under Open Rail. So my long winded question is will Ozark Northern run under Open Rail?

Thanks in advance for any reply. John

John,
Open Rails is an entirely new game engine (3D display, physics, signaling system, AI dispatcher) that uses only the MSTS content - route, trainsets, activities, consists; it replaces the MSTS train.exe file. The BIN enhancement fixes many of the shortcomings in the MSTS game engine. Open Rails software team is working to be compatible with the improvements and enhancements that BIN offered.

#4 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am an ON owner with BIN and all the other add-ons needed to make MSTS run at its best and the ON runs just fine in MSTS and OpenRails. It's a fantastic steam era route and tons of fun. Andre did a magnificent job on this route.

:sign_thanks: to ET and have yourself a ball on these forums.

Oh, welcome to retirement... I love it! ;)

;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users