Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

At The Railyard: Woodhead Line Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Train-a-Mania 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

...today in Great Britain, there are numerous railway lines using electricity. In the 1950s, however, these were much less common. The Woodhead Line was electrified during this time and served as an important and unique mixed traffic line. Can Railworks bring its history back? We'll find out in this review...at the railyard!

---------
LINKS
---------

Official "At The Railyard" website:
http://www.attherailyard.com/

Have your own opinions about this route? Share them here:
http://www.attherail...odhead-line-rw-

Woodhead Line:
http://store.steampo....com/app/65244/

#2 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Another excellent video Nick. :oldstry: You have a real gift.

I don't currently own Railworks and hadn't really thought about buying it, but I very much enjoyed the video nonetheless. The graphics aren't dramtically better than MSTS IMHO but the trains and surroundings certainly looked good in the clip.

Keep up the good work! I truly look forward to your next offering.

Thanks for sharing with us. :sign_rockon:

Cheers,

Paul G.

#3 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

I swear, Kuju and all are trying to keep up with Nick now! But gotta say RW is looking VERY impressive now. And thanks to these video's, I can kinda see all the 'nooks and crannies' now that I wasn't seeing or understanding on others screen shots before. And didn't know 'wipers' worked in RW either. Do most engines have this feature, or something new on this Woodhead route? Surprised though that there isn't more 'clunk and clatter' to the railcars in motion. They sound like ghosts in many shots. Also surprised that the power pylons aren't 'stringed' either. Almost thought I was looking at a MSTS route in some shots. :lol2:

How are the 'updates' for these RW routes these days? I would hope Night textures could be added to the objects, and other things Nick points out here. Are there RW companies that try to 'stay on top of things'?
For a 97% rating, I for one would quickly take care of the 3% niggles, and get it to the public tout sweet. :D

#4 User is offline   NSL Fan 

• Conductor
  • Group: Fan: Traction Nuts
  • Simulator:MSTS/Railworks

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

I've got the route, by far one of my favorites. As a side note Nick, you pulled a big no-no. Only Electrics were allowed through the new tunnel. :naughty:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users