• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loading Problem in Version 7.0 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BillonRail 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRail

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Has anybody encountered the problem of loading the Launcher menu? In the former version, when I run the project, I can see a menu UI ask me to select different type of instance, but in the new Version 7.0, there is no such Window showing up, and instead the loading process will be blocked with the warning information:

ie RunActivity "c:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\usa1\activites\xxx.act"

I have to modify the property of the Runactivity project and specify a command argument like the .act file path "c:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\usa1\activites\xxx.act" in the debug menu, then the project can run the exact instance I entered without letting me choose which instance to run.

I did a little trace, and find that the _Main.cs file in the Runactivity project is passed an empty string[] as the input argument. But in the former version, this argument should contain the .act file path.

Any help is welcomed if this problem can be fixed. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

To start of Open Rails software, double click on the Open Rails.exe file. This will start Open Rails software with the traditional Windows style menu. You can switch to the Windows Presentation Format menu via the switch menu button. The software will remember which menu style was opened last.

#3 User is offline   BillonRail 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRail

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

View Postlongiron, on 22 February 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

To start of Open Rails software, double click on the Open Rails.exe file. This will start Open Rails software with the traditional Windows style menu. You can switch to the Windows Presentation Format menu via the switch menu button. The software will remember which menu style was opened last.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I can run the software by double click the OpenRail.exe file, but I need to run it from the Visual Studio so that I can modify the codes and debug it when something goes wrong, not just execute the program. So could this problem be fixed? Isn't it normal that the solution can be opened and run/build in the Visual Studio IDE, just as it did in the former version?

And could you see the attachment I added?

Thank you!

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostBillonRail, on 22 February 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Has anybody encountered the problem of loading the Launcher menu? In the former version, when I run the project, I can see a menu UI ask me to select different type of instance, but in the new Version 7.0, there is no such Window showing up, and instead the loading process will be blocked with the warning information:

ie RunActivity "c:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\routes\usa1\activites\xxx.act"

Nothing has changed between versions; to run the main game (RunActivity) under the debugger, you must specify a command-line in the project configuration - that has always been the case. If you run the menus from the debugger, you'll be able to easily start the the game itself, but it won't be running under the debugger.

The typical command-line for starting RunActivity is just a straight path to an activity file (.act). You can also specify 5 values: path (.pat), consist (.con), time (0-23), season (0-3) and weather (0-2).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users