• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wm Alder's Baldwin 6-6-2000 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I mentioned in one of the discussions on Elvas about the possibilty of 4 exhausts and dual sounds for dual engine diesels . Here's the long lost 6-6-2000 that Paul Watson painted of Wm Alder's . I used Ron Furto's sounds of 2 GP's for the sounds . I know they aren't Baldwin but dual sounds aren't available as far as I know so I used what came with the repaint . It works just fine with a lot of .eng file , coupler , light , and scaling rework .

#2 User is offline   Sandy River Tom 

• Senior Foreman of Engines
  • Group: Status: Senior Foreman, Engines
  • Simulator:ORTS-V1.5.1

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Whoa!
I don't know if I'd venture on that trestle with that monster Baldwin!

#3 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah - know what you mean but it's a good place to show the 4 exhaust stacks , gives a nice clear background . The Stinky Creek route is a good place to try out couplers too , has lots of tight turns and ups and downs in a short distance . Great for setting up locos and cars for couplers , brakes and adhesion - wheelslip - settings etc .
Just a thought !

#4 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hobo, on 20 February 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Yeah - know what you mean but it's a good place to show the 4 exhaust stacks , gives a nice clear background . The Stinky Creek route is a good place to try out couplers too , has lots of tight turns and ups and downs in a short distance . Great for setting up locos and cars for couplers , brakes and adhesion - wheelslip - settings etc .
Just a thought !

WAIT! How do you get the four exhausts to work? I was never able to get that to happen with my FTs...

Rick

#5 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Easy use an inviso car and get the extra 2 exhausts from that offset and the 2nd sound.

#6 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

burgerbern, on 23 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Easy use an inviso car and get the extra 2 exhausts from that offset and the 2nd sound.

Maybe you could show us an example or possibly explain how it's easy with the "Invisocar" . Many of us would like an easier way to add dual sounds , 4 stacks and extra sheres of light to some of our locos .
Just Askin' .
Thanx !

#7 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Nice Hobo! :oldstry: And done WITHOUT an Invisocar. Impressive! I think with an Invisocar,, the stacks would have to be 'offset' just so, along with the lights. Then would always have to be added and/or turned in AE or ConBuilder depending on the direction of the act and such. It'd wind up being more effort I think than what you had just done Hobo. Sound wise - an Invisocar isn't a bad idea. But I 'think' could be achieved in a singular SMS as well. Most of the default MSTS stock have two or 3 sound bodies within them. But the sounds and parameters are all copies of the above 'main body'. But what would happen if the wav's and curves were changed just slightly in the bodies below?

Something I may fool with soon myself.

#8 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

Noisemaker, on 23 February 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Nice Hobo! :oldstry: And done WITHOUT an Invisocar. Impressive! I think with an Invisocar,, the stacks would have to be 'offset' just so, along with the lights. Then would always have to be added and/or turned in AE or ConBuilder depending on the direction of the act and such. It'd wind up being more effort I think than what you had just done Hobo. Sound wise - an Invisocar isn't a bad idea. But I 'think' could be achieved in a singular SMS as well. Most of the default MSTS stock have two or 3 sound bodies within them. But the sounds and parameters are all copies of the above 'main body'. But what would happen if the wav's and curves were changed just slightly in the bodies below?

Something I may fool with soon myself.

Steve !
That's what I did with the sound . The "Ghost" is an engine that has it's own exhausts , lights and sound . The lights and exhaust are placed on the locomotive . The sound of the second engine isn't in the cab just the external view .
I'm going to do a GE 44 ton next but still have to get sounds of or close to a Cat D17000 . I'll probably modify a present sound with frequency and pitch changes to get a reasonable set for the D17000 cats ion the 44t .

#9 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hobo, on 24 February 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Steve !
That's what I did with the sound . The "Ghost" is an engine that has it's own exhausts , lights and sound . The lights and exhaust are placed on the locomotive . The sound of the second engine isn't in the cab just the external view .
I'm going to do a GE 44 ton next but still have to get sounds of or close to a Cat D17000 . I'll probably modify a present sound with frequency and pitch changes to get a reasonable set for the D17000 cats ion the 44t .

I spent a day on a 44 tonner at the Valley Railroad years back. Two things that I remember. 1) I hit my head on the cab doorframe several times. and 2) at idle the engines were never in synch, which led to very pronounced modal vibrations in the cab; headache inducing after a while!

Rick

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users