• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Camera adjustments Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

I just coupled up my engines to the consist in the yard and I couldn't get the rear camera 3 to go to the rear of the consist after pulling out of the track. I tried all combinations of the mouse, arrows, and the up/down page buttons but the camera would only go to about half way back to the rear of the train. Is there a secret here that I'm missing? I checked the docs and didn't see any other commands or options for this. So what happened? All input is appreciated.

Jim

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

ALT + Page Up/Down will move the car to which the camera is attached. In addition, ATL + NUM PAD will also move the camera. Please take a look at this doc for the keyboard shortcuts http://openrails.org...uide_062_03.pdf

#3 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postfrog, on 08 February 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

I just coupled up my engines to the consist in the yard and I couldn't get the rear camera 3 to go to the rear of the consist after pulling out of the track. I tried all combinations of the mouse, arrows, and the up/down page buttons but the camera would only go to about half way back to the rear of the train. Is there a secret here that I'm missing? I checked the docs and didn't see any other commands or options for this. So what happened? All input is appreciated.

Jim

It appears OR does not reset the vehicle counter when one does this sort of thing. I have found if you save the session and restart the camera will behave as expected. You get the same effect when one swapps the loco to the other end of the train and the method mentioned is how I cure it.

Lindsay

#4 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postlongiron, on 09 February 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

ALT + Page Up/Down will move the car to which the camera is attached. In addition, ATL + NUM PAD will also move the camera. Please take a look at this doc for the keyboard shortcuts http://openrails.org...uide_062_03.pdf

Thanks for the help Chris. That solved my problem. I don't know where I missed the info, but I sure did. I screen printed the Key Codes in the link you added, so now I can refer to that whenever I need it. It's better than the other Key Code which I have from the docs.

Jim

#5 User is offline   frog 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostLindsayts, on 09 February 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

It appears OR does not reset the vehicle counter when one does this sort of thing. I have found if you save the session and restart the camera will behave as expected. You get the same effect when one swapps the loco to the other end of the train and the method mentioned is how I cure it.

Lindsay

Thanks for the input Lindsay. That solved my problem.

Jim

#6 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

View Postfrog, on 10 February 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the input Lindsay. That solved my problem.
Jim

If you jump the the #2 view, and jump back to the #3 view (end of train) will automatically re-set to the correct position. We thought about correcting this behavior to be like MSTS, but I kinda like being able to watch the train pull away from a drop off.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users