• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on 02 January 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Are they running in MSTS or Open Rails?

Cheers Bazza

Hi Barry,

Using the tricks and tips that Steve Thomas taught me, they are running in both places. BTW: these will be the first BLW/ZT offerings that use LODs.

Even with that, a 120 car test train on my 5 yr old Vista machine will drop to single digit frame rates in MSTS. Frame rates in OR fall between 15-25.

(these frame rates are camera view 4 facing the 120 car train. Side view/cab view are much better.)

RGF

#13 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nice shots Rick. But did I hear right that Nick O. is upgrading the MLT route? I know there's great buzz about this Bala Sub 2.0 coming out soon. And any idea ETA wise for Nick and this route? The other thing is going to be cost. I don't mind buying this new Bala Sub 2, as it's much bigger and better detailed than the original. Do you know if Nick's 'expanding' this route as well track wise, or just scenery only? Definitely MLT has got to 'spruce up' some routes. KHP was cute and fun 10 years ago, but structures and vegetation has barely changed since then. And seeing some of these 'free' routes today, it's getting embarrassing for MLT. Great trains and track still, but as we well know now - it's the scenery that makes it all worthwhile. :clapping:

#14 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostNoisemaker, on 03 January 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Nice shots Rick. But did I hear right that Nick O. is upgrading the MLT route? I know there's great buzz about this Bala Sub 2.0 coming out soon. And any idea ETA wise for Nick and this route? The other thing is going to be cost. I don't mind buying this new Bala Sub 2, as it's much bigger and better detailed than the original. Do you know if Nick's 'expanding' this route as well track wise, or just scenery only? Definitely MLT has got to 'spruce up' some routes. KHP was cute and fun 10 years ago, but structures and vegetation has barely changed since then. And seeing some of these 'free' routes today, it's getting embarrassing for MLT. Great trains and track still, but as we well know now - it's the scenery that makes it all worthwhile. :clapping:

I don't know for certain (I haven't got the upgrade yet), but I'm pretty sure this is just scenery. ETA is within the next month or so (he told me mid-January, but I've never seen anyone hit a target date in MSTS, myself included :rofl2: )

Rick

#15 User is offline   vermont204 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm testing the upgrade for Nick. So far, its just replaced scenery, which really does the route good justice. I believe that Nick wants to put DB tracks in the route as well. It is not a payware add-on. It is a free upgrade.

#16 User is offline   chripsch 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

When there are first shots of Nicks update?

Cheers,

Christian

#17 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Max, good to know. Wish the ghosts of past, present, and future would visit Ed Sketcher one of these days. As he did 'minor' scenery updates for the GTA route, but wants $15 for it - totally going against Andy's mandate for future enhancements of the route. I didn't mind paying for KHP when it first came out. And then made 'free' as routes got bigger and supposedly better. And a little ticked that I'll have to 're-invest' in Bala Sub 2.0. BUT - if MLT now believes firmly in 'quality over quantity, easily'. I hope it's an investment that will further MLT and it's routes, and respect their loyal customers a little better as well, should further enhancements and 'upgrades' be added to a route. Nick O. did such a great job with the L&PS. Hearing this news, I might actually BUY that route as well to get his upgrade. :buffalobill:

#18 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostCRQ5508, on 02 January 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

These are looking great, Rick. The Jennies turned out great as well. Am I safe in assuming that we can expect some RSD-15s with this set as well? :buffalobill:

GATORS!!!!!!!!!

Attached Image: Image15.jpg

Attached Image: Image14.jpg

;)

#19 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

A little test drive on the MLT route....

Attached Image: 2012-01-05_231632.jpg

Attached Image: 2012-01-05_231644.jpg

Attached Image: 2012-01-05_231719.jpg

Attached Image: 2012-01-05_231727.jpg

Attached Image: 2012-01-05_231746.jpg

Soon after this last screenie, the four Alcos (with 60 loads), ground to a halt!! :buffalobill:

RGF

#20 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Wrong reptile I know, but "Crocodile Rock" by Elton John instantly came to mind. http://youtu.be/vlSh_6xqUAE Those RSD-15s are fantastic!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users