Elvas Tower: Open Rails Ideas - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails Ideas just a few ideas I came up with for the new Open Rails. Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   CGW121 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostATSF3751, on 22 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

ONLY ISSUE IS you would have to make sure you had all of the equipment that would be in the game!

Brandon

The way around that is to be able to use your own equipment as replacements. In other words if an online consist calls for a NYC 50 foot boxcar and you don't have one then you could list a 50" boxcar that you do have. A list for this purpose would save time that the individual could make up themselves.

#12 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Just came up with another idea. Use a 'central holding tank', for better words of describing it, to hold ALL models on some server somewhere that get downloaded when you log on.

If that makes any sense.

:oldstry:

#13 User is offline   Fleegle411 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, RW, & OpR

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

That could work, though someone would have to maintain said server for who knows how long until the OR replacement comes along, and if said server were to go down, OR Multiplayer would go kaput as well.

An alternative I see is what I call Direct Model Transmission were any required stock's .s and .ace files would be sent automatically by OR from the computer of the owner to any computer which doesn't have the needed model. These models could be placed in a temporary folder and deleted automatically by OR when the session is over. This folder could be hidden or placed on some remote location on the Hard Drive to protect payware files.

Just a thought...

#14 User is offline   andoodle 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails, TSClassic

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hello, lads.

This is my first post here on this forum. I have one idea that I wish would be implemented into Open Rails in the next version, if it's possible. I wish that Open Rails would have the automatic fireman feature just like in Microsoft Train Simulator, or Kuju Rail Simulator and/or RailWorks (I think). You see, I do not want to have to shovel coal into a steam locomotive manually, nor do I want to have to manually use the water injectors whenever it is getting low on water. If the automatic fireman feature were to be implemented into Open Rails, then I would be grateful. Oh, and if someone else suggested that said feature be implemented into Open Rails, then I am sorry for mentioning it. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I just found out that "B&O Guy" had already suggested the feature that I recently mentioned. B&O Guy, I am sorry for mentioning it. I agree with you on the feature.

This post has been edited by andoodle: 08 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

#15 User is offline   rdamurphy 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS - OR

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Or just use default stock only for multiplayer consists...

For those whose eyes hurt at the sight of the default stuff (like mine) there are plenty of replacements around for them. Or you can do like I did and create my own defaults out of stuff that's available by replacing the files with downloads that are more palatable. For instance, my default D9, SD40-2 and GP38 are all UP instead of BNSF...

Robert

#16 User is offline   JorD1 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

I think this is the right topic, I have one little and I think easy to achieve idea.
When driving with Electric+Diesel power would it be possible to see next to the "Electric: ON/OFF" also "Diesel Helpers: ON/OFF" in the HUD

BR Jordi

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users