MILW Box Cabs and OR Noted and notable Effects Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hello Tim
I gave these units a try on ORTS version 0.8.0.1251 and did not and could not achieve the same results. Here is a picture of E29, It has already gone through two turn outs and looks perfectly normal.

Attached Image: ORTS MILW.jpg

Does anyone else want to trial Tim's Box Cabs and let Us know the results?

Cheers Tony :sweatingbullets:

#12 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is indeed great news, Tony. My deep gratitude to James Ross for taking the time and energy in solving the riddle! :sign_thanks:

#13 User is offline   JSchultz 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Tim, I just installed the Milwaukee Road's Rocky Mountain Route and read that the Boxcabs you made go with this route so I downloaded them from here. I got both sets, the E29 and E34 + the updated engine files. After placing them into the TRAINSET folder, I opened the .con files for these to see that they work and they look messed up in shape viewer. The image below is from "E29 EF3 Only.con"

Attached Image: E29 EF3 Only.jpg

I was looking here to see if there was a fix for this when I found this thread and am wondering if anyone else has this problem or if I need to install something else first? I tried them about a year ago in msts and they looked just like the image and didn't know what to do so I just passed on them. But now I'm wanting to try them in this route and am wondering if there is a fix for this since I see that they look proper for the people that responded in this thread? I have msbin v8 installed now if that matters. Also, I tried to line both shapes up in shape viewer and the windows don't line up properly.

Thank you and hope for a fix so I can try these out. I think they look awesome and would enjoy driving them as well.

John

#14 User is offline   JSchultz 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hello, Since no one replied to my last question, I just tried Tim's BoxCabs and they work fine now. I don't know what fixed them because they look messed up in Shape Viewer and they looked the same a year or so ago when I tried them before. The only thing that might be different is the version of bin that I had installed. I may have had version 1.7 and now have version 1.8 installed. Other than that, everything else is the exact same as before unless the boxcab version is different. Either way, I just thought I'd reply to say that they work fine now and look and play fine now. Thanks Tim for these fine vehicles...

John

#15 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

John, sorry I didn't see this until now. I'm glad you got them to work for you.

BUT (directed at James Ross)...just to let you know, in ORTS build x1967, I'm getting the old issue of the Box Cab Jitters again. I haven't tried them in OR since 2012 when you fixed the issue then, James, but just did this morning, with two separate consists (E34 and the unreleased E39 set, but basically the same setup). I appreciate your time and effort spent in this, thank you.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users