Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AT The Railyard: 1904 New York City Review Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Train-a-Mania 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

...New York City has always been well known around the world, but its fame was different at the turn of the 20th Century. The city was still very industrial at the time, and the five boroughs had just been created. Can this Microsoft Train Simulator route, which contains the IRT Subway network and the 3rd Avenue Elevated, take you back over 100 years to the big apple?

---------
LINKS
---------

Official "At The Railyard" website:
http://www.attherailyard.com/

Have your own opinions about this route? Share them here and give the route your own score:
http://www.attherail...4-new-york-city

1904 New York City:
http://www.trainsim....name=f11904.zip

All video clips used in this are either in the public domain or creative commons. The Ellis Island videos are from Wikipedia, and everything else is on YouTube.

#2 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

While my piano/oboe gently weeps? Will you still love me when I'm '1904'? You get the wildest soundtracks Nick! ;) Heck of a route though, and I've been admiring it during it's development and rare pic's at TS and all. The sounds do sound great - except that dang clunky default trackbed sound in the cab. And as you say, the streets seem more bare than I Am Legend. Would love to add Dieter Penzels great animated figures and cars, but would probably kill FPS once and for all.

Just brushing up on my Woody Allen and Martin Scorcese, and gotta say Fred and you have captured early New York better than their best films! :thumbup3:

#3 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Although passenger running is not my cup of tea, your review of this route is of the utmost in perfection, as always, Nick. This 'fan' of yours is always loving any review you make.

Keep up the excellent work. ;)

:thumbup3:

#4 User is offline   paulytechnic 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

I'll echo everyone else here by congratulating you on yet another fantastic review (and so soon after your last review of the Sierras de Córdoba, no less!) :thumbup3:

I thoroughly enjoy your choices of music for your soundtracks; they really add the the character and feel of each route! (I admit that I still hear some of the soundtracks in my head when I'm running certain routes you've already reviewed!)

Quick question: What is the smoke texture you're using for your steam engines (is that "smkvr7" from the TS libary?) I like how it has just the right amount of translucence!

#5 User is offline   Andrew 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Awesome Job with the review.

There is a texture file within the zip file to include a 3rd rail texture on the tracks.

Fred Barbieri is working on a 1920's version of the subway, which will also include the PATH line and the New York, Westchester & Boston, that formerly used the now current Dyre Ave line section of the IRT 5 train. Plus, the 3rd Ave Elevated will have an express track for through-express service from Chatham Square to 129th Street and 149th to Gun Hill Road.

When i last had contact with Fred, that update was the route was completed, but activities needed to be done.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users