Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lighting Issues Cone of light and add blackness Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dantheman 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

As the attached image shows, there is a light seem on the back edge of the cone of light. also some shaded areas are rendered black, this is just my Nvidea 7400 GT card. The route is the FBL and the Loco is Eric Cantu's GP38 update, the activity is the "Bucketeer"

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: ORerror.jpg

#2 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

I can't answer your specific questions but I can speak to some general things which may be of some help to you. In the light section, the parameter Radius() holds the value used to determine how far out from the locomotive the light will be cast. Most North American diesel locomotives have lights that can throw light a mile out... a value of 1000-2000m can be used to represent that.

The parameter Angle() holds the value used to determine how degrees of spread will be used to determine the size of the cone. IIRC the value entered is the full spread, not the spread from the centerline to one side. Most North American diesel locomotives have lights that have a total spread of between 8 and 12 degrees and so a value in that range will be reasonable.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users