• You cannot reply to this topic

Extended Sound Distance Possible? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Railroad Librarian 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Sirs,

First of al, let me say that I am AMAZED at the skills of so many who have contributed to saving MSTS from the scrap heap of Obsolescence. Your fine work has recharged my interest in the old program -- to the tune of three months worth of loading, editing, old MSTS and new MSTS routes and addons.

As I've been enjoying the renewed experience, together with learnign to be patient for hoped for improvements (espc AI and Activities), I have been wondering about a possibilty...

Is there a way to expand the distance at which trains can be heard in the trackside views? I enjoy (as does most especially, my younger son) railfanning at crossings and overpasses -- watching the trains roll past. But, I noticed that the sounds do not occur until the train is very close. Is there a way to extend that zone of experience? As a train begins to round the bend in our town here, we can sit on the old Jackson Street Bridge and listen as the train slowly works its way down the line towards us. Sadly, we can't experience the same in OR.

Is this possible? Am I perhaps missing a fix or edit marking somewhere?

I'd appreciate any input.

Sincerely,

KB
Amherst, Ohio
(living right next to the old NY Central tracks)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users