Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compatability question Full Bucket Line 3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

Saw a question on the TS forums about FBL not working on OR and tried my copy today and it does not run and I get the following error message when it is loading.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/spud004/PRR-ER/GCS_0044.jpg

In addition my log is attached.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Railroad Librarian 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

Same for me, I've tried several reloads/installs without success.

Is no one able to answer this yet?

KB

#3 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Do you guys have Maple Leaf's SigView installed? OR doesn't recolonize that add on. I brought this up last year. I believe the route works without it, though.

#4 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

It would be really helpful in the future to link to all routes and other content for reporting issues (much more likely to get a developer to look at it), along with details of explore route options or activities used.

That said, after two hours, I've made a band-aid fix for the Full Bucket Line issue here. You'll get no signal lights (though the signals themselves are fine) because there's something wrong with the comment at the top of the sigcfg.dat file, which causes Open Rails to not "see" the LightTextures section directly following it. I'm not touching the internals of the parsing code, sorry.

#5 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

James,
If the user removes/changes the comment at the top of the sigcfg.dat file, will OR correctly parse the LightTextures section?

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

View Postlongiron, on 15 November 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

If the user removes/changes the comment at the top of the sigcfg.dat file, will OR correctly parse the LightTextures section?

Yes, removing the comment block also works.

#7 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

OK, I would like to try removing or change the comments at the top of the sigcfg.dat file. My problem being is that I do not know exactly what or where to change. I loaded the sigcfg.dat file into ConTEXT editor and at the top I see this:

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0G0t______

Question; is this the comments the posts speaks of? If not what is it that should be removed?

James,
you mention a 'bandaid fix' but I did not see anything to download or directions for the 'bandaid'.

Yep I have no idea what I'm doing and although I did make a copy of the sigcfg.dat and modified that to delete the above line the route still does not load into OR. I get exactly the same error message as my screenshot shows.
:naughty:

#8 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

View Postspud, on 16 November 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

OK, I would like to try removing or change the comments at the top of the sigcfg.dat file. My problem being is that I do not know exactly what or where to change. I loaded the sigcfg.dat file into ConTEXT editor and at the top I see this:

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0G0t______

Question; is this the comments the posts speaks of? If not what is it that should be removed?

James,
you mention a 'bandaid fix' but I did not see anything to download or directions for the 'bandaid'.

Yep I have no idea what I'm doing and although I did make a copy of the sigcfg.dat and modified that to delete the above line the route still does not load into OR. I get exactly the same error message as my screenshot shows.

You should not delete the first line ... SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0G0t______ ... of the sigcfg file it is metadata used by MSTS and Open Rails to understand the structured text that follows.

You are literally looking for a line that has the word COMMENT in it. You can use Context's "Find" to locate it in the file

As for James' bandaid, it might be rolled into the next release of Open Rails.

#9 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

View Postspud, on 16 November 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

The comment is from the 3rd line, "Skip _(", down to line 78, ")", just before line 80, "LightTextures ( 1". Lines 3 through 78 are the comment. (For the version of the route and file I have.)

The band-aid is a fix to the code I have made in the development versions; it's not available publically (same as all the other development work we have done since the last release) but will be included in the next release.

#10 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Thank you Chris and James,
Ironically I found a post on TrainSim forums that addressed the comment topic and was able to decipher what the comment section was from the same data James posts here, plus the information that OR skips most comments but not the "Skip _(". I made the obligatory copy of the sigcfg.dat file and what I did was to just delete the _ (underline) from the comment section and save the file. This allowed the FBL to load and run like a champ.
Funny how one little tiny underline mucks up the works!
I might begin to understand these things one day if I live long enough, but as long as there are helpful people to guide us dummies the world will stay in orbit and the sun shall rise in the east!
:sign_thanks:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users