Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

At The Railyard: Cape May County Review Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Train-a-Mania 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

...in the last three years, we've looked at a variety of Microsoft Train Simulator add-ons "At The Railyard". Now, the time has come to look at another simulator and the content built for it - Trainz Railroad Simulator.

We've seen how New Jersey looks in MSTS as part of the PRR Eastern Region. Does the garden state also bloom in TRS? We'll find out in this review...at the railyard.

---------
LINKS
---------

Official "At The Railyard" website:
http://www.attherailyard.com/

Have your own opinions about this route? Share them here:
http://www.attherail...cape-may-county

Cape May County:
http://uslw.net/down...ion=view&id=255

#2 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

It was a pleasant surprise for me to see your post here. I have watched your reviews on You Tube and enjoyed them immensely. They are terrific. I purchased my copy of MSTS several years ago and only recently started using it. Your reviews played a large part in re-energizing my interest and getting me to install the program. That's when I found this site which has become my favorite.

I am really glad to see you doing reviews on Trainz. I stumbled on that program only recently and questions to this site helped me find some really great content. Initial response suggested that the program was a little too "model railroad like". While some content does have that appearance, after further searching I have found some truly spectacular routes that are not model-like at all. I look forward to further reviews from you on this platform.

Keep up the good work ;)

#3 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Great video clip, thanks for sharing.

Cheers Bazza

#4 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Yet another great video by Nick! Feel lie I should cream out 'traitor!', but this is really great to watch and compare to. I saw a Trainz GTA route on YouTube, and though the scenery looked more impressive than MLT's, I didn't like the way the cab banked on curves.
Did you find this as well on the Cape May route Nick? But got to hand it to Trainz for that scenery and improved details like the smoke and animations. That water was amazing!

It'd also be interesting for Train-A-Mania to review a RW route or the likes. I've only seen short snippets of RW in video and pictures. And though the trains look and sound great, there's something about the scenery that puts me off. Maybe it's just the way it's shot or filmed. But if anyone can show the real 'highs and lows' of RW, it'd be Nick for sure. :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users