• You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotive Physics Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Morn'n Folks,

I just tried out the latest version of OR - and - it's definitely coming along nicely... Just wondering if whomever is working on the steam locomotive physics would care to share a bit of the status and how far OR is presently planning on pushing the envelope in this area ??? I noticed this rev actually has steam consumption which can be controlled by the Reverser and Regulator... Very nice... I'm not even sure if he is still around - as I haven't seen him post in a while - but did anyone ever broach this subject with Bill Hobbs - umm - maybe solicit some help ??? His steam physics were always my favorite in MSTS and he's definitely a guru on this subject...

Anyway – just one of my most important aspects of a Train Sim – just thought we could hash it around a bit…

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your efforts…

Regards,
Scott

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

View Postscottb613, on 12 September 2011 - 06:38 AM, said:

Morn'n Folks,

I just tried out the latest version of OR - and - it's definitely coming along nicely... Just wondering if whomever is working on the steam locomotive physics would care to share a bit of the status and how far OR is presently planning on pushing the envelope in this area ??? I noticed this rev actually has steam consumption which can be controlled by the Reverser and Regulator... Very nice... I'm not even sure if he is still around - as I haven't seen him post in a while - but did anyone ever broach this subject with Bill Hobbs - umm - maybe solicit some help ??? His steam physics were always my favorite in MSTS and he's definitely a guru on this subject...

Anyway – just one of my most important aspects of a Train Sim – just thought we could hash it around a bit…

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your efforts…

Regards,
Scott

Scott,
Steam physics is coming along nicely, with a major update for the next release. Yes, we've had a number of MSTS experts review the steam physics - we've had all the help we asked for. Just need some time for the coders to execute.

Don't know if you saw this: http://www.trainsim....380#post1699380

#3 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hi Chris,

Glad to see you still with the project... Thanks for link - I hadn't seen it... Good luck - sounds terrific...

Regards,
Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users