• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR freezes when loading Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:MSTS/ ORTS

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

OR begins to load, then it will freeze ,without any given reason, in the middle and just sit there. So you close the screen and try again and now nothing happens, just a blinking line. So now I try to open the log file and it freezes to. I have to wait five or so minutes before trying to open or run anything. :rotfl: :crazy:

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

View PostShay 5, on 03 September 2011 - 02:43 AM, said:

OR begins to load, then it will freeze ,without any given reason, in the middle and just sit there. So you close the screen and try again and now nothing happens, just a blinking line. So now I try to open the log file and it freezes to. I have to wait five or so minutes before trying to open or run anything.

1. Has OR ever loaded properly for you, or is this the first time? What version are you using?

2. The OR log file is a simple text file. If the OR game is fully shut down, the log file should open very quickly. If the OR is running, the software is trying to write to the file which is causing the problem when you try to open it.

3. What route, activity, assets are you using?

4. What's the HW specs?

Without some basic information, it's impossible to diagnose your problems.

#3 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

This happens all the time on my new machine. I was using another computer for a while before. Both had Win.7. It started when I got the last version. I now have the current one and it still does it. Whether OR is running or not, I can't open the log file until about five min. It can mess up on any route or piece of rolling stock. What are HW specs?? Sometimes, OR will load successfully and The log file will open fine, but when it freezes, The log file will freeze to, whether OR is running or not. Hope this helps.

#4 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

View PostShay 5, on 03 September 2011 - 06:38 AM, said:

This happens all the time on my new machine. I was using another computer for a while before. Both had Win.7. It started when I got the last version. I now have the current one and it still does it. Whether OR is running or not, I can't open the log file until about five min. It can mess up on any route or piece of rolling stock. What are HW specs?? Sometimes, OR will load successfully and The log file will open fine, but when it freezes, The log file will freeze to, whether OR is running or not. Hope this helps.

This sounds more like an Win7 file permissions issue on your current computer since OR worked on the other Win 7 machine. If the file permissions are not set properly, then Windows will prevent a 3rd party application, like Open Rails, from "opening" files in another folder. I believe that's why it's hanging and freezing. Please make sure you've installed MSTS according to the tutorials.

#5 User is offline   Shay 5 

• Superintendant

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

msts is installed correctly. What can I do to try to fix the problem?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users