Elvas Tower: Oh PAUSE key where art thou in v0.6.2 - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh PAUSE key where art thou in v0.6.2 F1 help screen still says "None"! Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Noli 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 12 August 2011 - 02:41 PM, said:

...but not related to the pause key not working, so please don't pollute threads. Start a new one for a different issue.

Look, I posted some feedback on the OR website about another subject, only mentioning this keyboard issue and I've been urged twice to post in this thread since it is clearly related. Now what you do with the information I supplied is up to you, I'm only trying to contribute a little.

#12 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 14 August 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

If you want me to test this change before the next public release I'll be more than glad to do that. It is frustrating that new versions/tools of Windows break things for older ones. I hope that OR is not ready to give up on WinXP just yet.

I'd prefer not to support XP from a purely technical position, but practically we'll have to support it for years yet. :sweatingbullets:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about testing, I do have a version to try. Please extract the current 0.6.2 release from the website in to an empty directory and then extract the attached file (containing 2 files) over the top (overwriting those two files from the release). This is a patched version which only changes the behaviour for the pause button.

Attached File(s)

#13 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

James,
downloaded your patch and installed in my XP system. Works beautifully, thank you very much now if I can just break the MSTS habit of hitting Esc to pause all will be right in the world!
:sweatingbullets:

#14 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

View Postspud, on 28 August 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

downloaded your patch and installed in my XP system. Works beautifully, thank you very much now if I can just break the MSTS habit of hitting Esc to pause all will be right in the world!

Excellent. I should get around to implementing that esc dialog I guess. :sweatingbullets:

#15 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostEldorado.Railroad, on 31 August 2011 - 08:05 AM, said:

I can confirm that the re-compiled RunActivity.exe has its Pause key working at 100% for WinXP.

Great; thanks for testing.

With two confirmations, I think is good to go in the code, so you guys can expect this to all work in the next release too. :rotfl:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users