• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion for camera view Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JSchultz 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello,

I've been using OpenRails and really like how it works but I don't like how the controls for freeroam cameraview works. Whenever I want to fly around to see what a route looks like or to get to a certain spot, I have to move sideways and keep turning forward to see where I'm at. So I'm asking is there any chance that you guys can make the up arrow be used to move forward so it's easier to float around in the route or is this not possible? I also have Railworks and this is how the camera works in there and it's a lot easier to float around to see things. It sure would make my life easier if this possible.

Thanks for the work you've done already on OpenRails. It's nice to be able to use the higher screen resolutions and not have everything fatter because I have a widescreen monitor.

Have a great day,

John

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

Do you know about Page Up/Down for moving forwards/backwards? On the numpad, with numlock off, they're fairly convenient.

The keys are currently not likely to change in any significant way - they were carefully selected for consistency across many different cameras and with a variety of modifiers. We will be adding the ability to change the key bindings in a future release, however.

#3 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

I've noticed on MSTS when trying to make doors open using the Shift+9 or whatever the combination is, that it messes up the camera view. It seems to take the 'pivot point' out of 2 and/or 3 views. And using the mouse or arrow keys is this very odd tracking/pull effect after. Then again, I'm on a laptop - and there's been contention that animated doors and light functions won't work without a 'keypad'. But so odd how it affects the camera without keypad as well. Don't know if that could be used to OR's advantage or not? It does make for interesting viewing and shots, I'll give it that.

And that's the other thing to keep in mind as well James, I think a fair bt of us simmers are on laptops these days. And if OR could somehow over ride the necessity for a NumPad for these extra functions and/or enhance the QWERTY Hot Key functions on a standard keyboard (ala Shift+9, etc.) that would be great. :sweatingbullets:

#4 User is offline   JSchultz 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 05 August 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

Do you know about Page Up/Down for moving forwards/backwards? On the numpad, with numlock off, they're fairly convenient.

The keys are currently not likely to change in any significant way - they were carefully selected for consistency across many different cameras and with a variety of modifiers. We will be adding the ability to change the key bindings in a future release, however.

No I didn't know about the page-up and page-down keys. I've used f1 many times to know the different keys to used too. I must have missed that. DOH! These will do until you add the ability to change the key bindings in a future release.

Thanks James,

John

#5 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

WOOT! I was hoping you guys would add Key Bindings Preferances! :sweatingbullets: !!

Alex

#6 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

View PostNoisemaker, on 05 August 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

And that's the other thing to keep in mind as well James, I think a fair bt of us simmers are on laptops these days. And if OR could somehow over ride the necessity for a NumPad for these extra functions and/or enhance the QWERTY Hot Key functions on a standard keyboard (ala Shift+9, etc.) that would be great. :sweatingbullets:

None of the keys need a numpad - they're just duplicating other keys on the keybaord - but it is convenient for the camera keys.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users