• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winzip file of log.txt Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

Here is the log.txt file in winzip for anyone who can look at my problem that I couldn't run the program of Open Rails. If you know what is the problem and please let me know about this.Attached File  OpenRailsLog.zip (2.42K)
Number of downloads: 293

Thank you,

John

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

The OR team will take a look at your problem. Can you run other Routes / Activities without a problem, or does this happen across the board?

#3 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

I will try other routes to see if that is the same or not. Will let you know.

Thank you,

John

View Postlongiron, on 02 August 2011 - 01:04 PM, said:

The OR team will take a look at your problem. Can you run other Routes / Activities without a problem, or does this happen across the board?

#4 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Chris and others who are interested in this:

I tried all the routes (both freeware and payware) and came up with the same thing whatever the log txt file say about the problem.

Thank you,

John

#5 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

The relevant error in the log is this one:

runactivity.exe : Error : 0 : System.InvalidOperationException: Both a valid vertex shader and pixel shader (or valid effect) must be set on the device before any draw operations may be performed.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyCanDraw(Boolean bUserPrimitives, Boolean bIndexedPrimitives)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType primitiveType, Int32 baseVertex, Int32 minVertexIndex, Int32 numVertices, Int32 startIndex, Int32 primitiveCount)
   at ORTS.SkyMesh.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice)
   at ORTS.SkyMaterial.Render(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, IEnumerable`1 renderItems, Matrix& XNAViewMatrix, Matrix& XNAProjectionMatrix)
   at ORTS.RenderFrame.DrawSequences(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging)
   at ORTS.RenderFrame.DrawSimple(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging)
   at ORTS.RenderFrame.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice)
   at ORTS.RenderProcess.Draw()
   at ORTS.RenderProcess.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

This is probably not a content error, so please can you provide the specs of your PC - especially the graphics card.

#6 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 04 August 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

This is probably not a content error, so please can you provide the specs of your PC - especially the graphics card.

Captured in a different, but relevant thread: http://www.elvastowe...2850#entry72850

#7 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

This thread says he can't run any routes... that thread says he can (but poorly). I don't know how to resolve that.

#8 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 04 August 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

This thread says he can't run any routes... that thread says he can (but poorly). I don't know how to resolve that.

James,
He couldn't run because a number of non-OR software issues - brake release, etc. I would consider this closed.

#9 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

James,

This is a different computer not the borrowed laptop as Chriswv mentioned. Hope that this is still open not closed. OK here is my computer specifications below (desktop);

eMachines T1840 2.49 Mhz Celeron with 2 GB memory rams and the graphic card is Powercolor ATI Radeon 9250 PCI with 128MB memory and the operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I wish that I could get a better graphic card but not for this desktop. I do know that the graphic card is non compatible to run with your program, Open Rails ver. 0.6.2. One day in the near future I hope that I can get a better computer but notlikely because of my other priority commitments first. If anything else you need to know and please feel free to contact me here in this forum or e-mail or private message.

Hope that will help you with this information of my desktop.

Thank you again,

John

View Postlongiron, on 04 August 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

James,
He couldn't run because a number of non-OR software issues - brake release, etc. I would consider this closed.

#10 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

View Postjpmackay, on 04 August 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

James,

This is a different computer not the borrowed laptop as Chriswv mentioned. Hope that this is still open not closed. OK here is my computer specifications below (desktop);

eMachines T1840 2.49 Mhz Celeron with 2 GB memory rams and the graphic card is Powercolor ATI Radeon 9250 PCI with 128MB memory and the operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I wish that I could get a better graphic card but not for this desktop. I do know that the graphic card is non compatible to run with your program, Open Rails ver. 0.6.2. One day in the near future I hope that I can get a better computer but notlikely because of my other priority commitments first. If anything else you need to know and please feel free to contact me here in this forum or e-mail or private message.

Hope that will help you with this information of my desktop.

Thank you again,

John

John,
Yes, unfortunately your video card does not meet the minimum requirements for Open Rails (Direct x9.0c and Pixel Shader 2.0) as it's a Directx 8.1 and Pixel Shader 1.4. There's lots of video cards that do support OR available on newegg or other mail order sites for around $40.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users