• You cannot reply to this topic

Is Rail driver accessible for OR? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Harshitha 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:Open rails

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hello all,

This is Harshootha, graduate student from University Of Tennessee. I was trying to connect rail driver to run open rails, but I failed to do so.
I am using Windows 7 as my OS. Can anyone help me out with this?

One more thing is that we got access to the server. Can you provide me the step by step process of how to access the code from the server?

Thank you..

#2 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

View PostHarshootha, on 25 July 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hello all,

This is Harshootha, graduate student from University Of Tennessee. I was trying to connect rail driver to run open rails, but I failed to do so.
I am using Windows 7 as my OS. Can anyone help me out with this?

One more thing is that we got access to the server. Can you provide me the step by step process of how to access the code from the server?

Thank you..

Can't help with RD only have XP, in addition PI engineering is out of stock. So I can't even buy one.

However this link may help on accessing the code:
http://www.elvastowe...or-programmers/

Assumes you have tortoisesvn client installed.

Bill

#3 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

Everything you need should be included in the compiled version download, or via the main trunk of the source code tree. With Win7, you must make sure you have read/write access permission for the MSTS and OR folders.

The user manual on the OR web site: http://openrails.org/release.html has instructions for RailDriver.

#4 User is offline   spud 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

I was under the impression that Rail Driver does not work with WIN7. Is this correct?
:derisive:

#5 Inactive_Sniper297_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Sort of.

http://raildriver.com/support/

Link in that leads to this;

http://raildriver.co...tsOpenRails.php

And if you look around the trainsim.com forums people have developed workarounds for Vista - Win7 32 bit, the 64 bit was the sticking point until someone started selling a 64 bit Win 7 MSTS raildriver interface on Amazon that allegedly works.

Never saw Vista or Win 7 myself, but the impression I get is that NOTHING works unless you're a computer guru running as administrator who has more fun tinkering with settings than actually playing games.

#6 Inactive_Ed Greenberg_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

I tried Openrails (0.6.2) with Raildriver. Almost everything works, but the throttle only gets to 13%. I ran the RD calibration software first.

Is there anything I have to do in Openrails to enable things better?

#7 User is offline   BillC 

• Conductor
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

You may be interested in the following snippets of a conversation from longiron and another team member in the development forum.

Which raildriver DLL where?

As part of the download http://openrails.org/release.html ... has a the following file PIEHdDotNet.dll as one of the files. It's the BLACK download (right hand) offering

What website where? I'll be delighted to read the installation instructions in the docs download, but I gotta know which docs download from where?

On the same page you'll see

Read the Installation and Startup Guide (PDF File - also included in the 'Ready to Run' zip)

I believe on page 16 has the instructions on installing RD for Open Rails

Okay, couple nitpicks;

"(PDF File - also included in the 'Ready to Run' zip)"

No it ain't, has to be downloaded separately, not in the zip.

From the guide;

If you can find it, but Open Rails software cannot, look in a folder named controller and copy the ModernCalibration.rdm file to your main Microsoft Train Simulator folder. You’re done! Hook up your RailDriver and launch Open Rails software

7. Copy the ModernCalibration.rdm file to your main Microsoft Train Simulator folder.

Did that, throttle now bench checks 4.0, but the reverser still has no neutral position. Rechecked in MSTS, got forward - neutral - reverse. NOTE: For the current public release only FWD - REV no neutral, has been corrected for the next release.

Possible confusing misprint in the PDF file;

The code first looks for a calibration file in the train simulator folder that contains the route.

That would be \Train Simulator\Routes\, the previous said to copy to \Train Simulator\.

NOTE:

If you have additional problems please attach a copy of the OpenRailsLog.txt, which should appear on your desktop. In addition you may want to try a standard route such as Marias Pass Coloumbia Falls Set-out. I just tried this in the public release and works with Windows XP. Other members have reported success with Windows 7.

Bill

#8 User is online   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

I release I am responding to a year-old post but I cannot find anything more recent as relevant as this is.

I have just purchased a RailDriver unit to use with OR v0.8 for driving almost only steam locomotives. Is all I need to use the controller for this included in the OR release files or do I need to make modifications based on information or files available at the OR or RailDriver sites or elsewhere?

I have installed RailDriver based on the instruction given with the release and have it running. I am running Vista 64.

David

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users