• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shape file problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mrbreeze 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

I noticed in OR that the shape file for Gaetan B's free BN C636 ( c636bn.zip) isn't showing up. The cab view is fine and the headlights work but the shape will not appear (from the external view). There are no problems with these units in MSTS but the problem is there in this and the previous two versions of OR that I have.

Edit: Forgot to hit "Attach this file" button.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Falcus 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

View Postmrbreeze, on 15 July 2011 - 09:21 AM, said:

I noticed in OR that the shape file for Gaetan B's free BN C636 ( c636bn.zip) isn't showing up. The cab view is fine and the headlights work but the shape will not appear (from the external view). There are no problems with these units in MSTS but the problem is there in this and the previous two versions of OR that I have.

Edit: Forgot to hit "Attach this file" button.

Well, since no one else has said anything, Ill stick my snoot in and wager a guess that as Mr B has been making outstanding MSTS models, and not Open Rails Models, that Open Rails probably isnt at a place where its ready to deal with Mr B's Models (Corrections forthcoming to an OR Download near you soon Im sure). OR is a work in progress, and though Im not a part of it nor do I keep up with current progress, Im never really that surprised to find some things not working in it *yet*. Regardless, Ill thank you for at least posting your log, as from what Ive read from the OR team they'll never turn down more feedback (At least until it piles up to the ceiling ;) ).

As I understand it, RW and MSTS are still the primary sims to be playing with if you're expecting stability (IE, Load something > Run it and actually have at least a 90% expectation of seeing it work correctly), but OR will soon (At a time undetermined so far) take over. We're just not there yet.

Good Luck,
Alex

#3 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:14 AM

OR is having a problem with reading the "trainset\GB_C636_BN\C636_BN.s" shape file. That's why it's not showing in the game. If you wouldn't mind posting the s file, we can take a look at it to determine what the problem is.

#4 User is offline   mrbreeze 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

View Postlongiron, on 18 July 2011 - 05:14 AM, said:

OR is having a problem with reading the "trainset\GB_C636_BN\C636_BN.s" shape file. That's why it's not showing in the game. If you wouldn't mind posting the s file, we can take a look at it to determine what the problem is.

Here's the file. Thanks.

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users