• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Monson RR Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Christian: This is one stellar little route! I drove the climax up to the top of the world last night and thoroughly enjoyed the view. Your scenery is absolutely astounding! Those logging camps will be fun to switch!

Thank you for a wonderful new route. :bigboss:

#22 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Right now this route is on hold and unavailable for further download. It has been reported that there are problems with some locos and consists.

All 13 members who have downloaded this file will be sent a PM with a link to the updates when they are available. I expect to have all the updates available within 24 hours.

Once these updates are available, the file on the server will be updated so that new downloads will not have problems.

#23 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Bill. So I guess 'patience is a virtue' holds true for me. :rotfl:

Sam - are you using TrainStore by chance? You should 'Unstore Everything' in it's tools menu before moving anything around. TS will only retain the current consists and rolling stock ENG and WAG's of the most recent activity you ran. And that's all that will be visible when you open ConBuilder or Activity Editor et al. Using Unstore returns everything to a complete state, and you should see all your consists and stock again.

#24 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostNoisemaker, on 15 July 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Thanks Bill. So I guess 'patience is a virtue' holds true for me. :rotfl:

Dam - are you using TrainStore by chance? You should 'Unstore Everything' in it's tools menu before moving anything around. TS will only retain the current consists and rolling stock ENG and WAG's of the most recent activity you ran. And that's all that will be visible when you open ConBuilder or Activity Editor et al. Using Unstore returns everything to a complete state, and you should see all your consists and stock again.

Not using Trainstore. I, personally have not installed the route and am going on advice from Sandy River Tom who has worked closely with Christian on this. Right now, both he and Christian are hashing this out. Once any possible discrepancies are ironed out, I will update the file and re-upload it to the server. I have to do this via direct FTP, since the forum software has a 99 meg limit. Even doing this chews up 1/2 gig of our bandwidth and rather than post one, two or maybe 3 updates requiring members to also download those, I am holding the file until it is certain things are right. I can more easily modify the original file here, locally and then replace the original, keeping the same cryptic name that is assigned by the forum software, update the file size in the database, then rebuild the download content (30 to 45 seconds) so that it will be transparent to new downloaders and no updates are required for download.

The updates will be sent to you and the other 12 people who have downloaded the original zip via an attachment to a PM when it is available.

#25 User is offline   Noisemaker 

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Sorry Bill - meant to say 'Sam' there. Bit of a typo that made it look like I was swearing, sorry. (Now fixed in the original):rotfl: Sam earlier had said his consists and such kept disappearing, so thought he might be using TS.

But I'm holding off till the majority of kinks are worked out. Tom's been a great help for me, but I'm not a very good guinea pig when it comes to testing new routes. Especially if they're complex to install. Once all the reviews are in, and pic's are up, and no ones asking here 'what the...where the... how the...?'' I might take a stab at it then. ;)

#26 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

Bill & S R Tom,

The PM's have been received but the link was trunkated and would not load to send the proper info.

Paul

#27 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

View Postpnrailway, on 16 July 2011 - 01:40 AM, said:

Bill & S R Tom,

The PM's have been received but the link was trunkated and would not load to send the proper info.

Paul

Hang tight. I will PM you and the other downloaders the link when my upload is finished, in 30 or 40 minutes with my slow 512K upload speed. (148 meg file)

#28 User is offline   Chile Bill 

• 1946-2011 R.I.P.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

View PostNoisemaker, on 15 July 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Sorry Bill - meant to say 'Sam' there. Bit of a typo that made it look like I was swearing, sorry. (Now fixed in the original):rotfl: Sam earlier had said his consists and such kept disappearing, so thought he might be using TS.

But I'm holding off till the majority of kinks are worked out. Tom's been a great help for me, but I'm not a very good guinea pig when it comes to testing new routes. Especially if they're complex to install. Once all the reviews are in, and pic's are up, and no ones asking here 'what the...where the... how the...?'' I might take a stab at it then. ;)

I didn't take any offense and your question was and is legitimate for all.

#29 User is offline   Guilford309 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hope to see this up again, Been having an itch to run some back woods Maine narrow gauge on my new laptop. :oldstry:

#30 User is offline   Fleegle411 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:MSTS, RW, & OpR

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

The route is available for download on "that other site", just so you know.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users