Elvas Tower: Now about that Route Editor! - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Now about that Route Editor! Yes I know its been listed as far, far away... Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_snowmanf_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:26 AM

As the "topic description" notes, I know its been listed as being far off into the future, but, there's a couple of questions that occur...

Firstly, the obvious one, what could anyone do to hasten its ultimate arrival?

Secondly, in the meanwhile, how about modifications for the MSTS editor to overcome some of its shortcomings?
Even just mods to the interface for eg...

If you could click on the numbers and manually type in a number instead of taking forever pressing buttons.
On the selection interface when you are choosing a track section it takes forever to get to the right piece.
How about if you could type in the name as you go and the selections would filter.
eg. you already type in a1t so the list reduces to single tracks...
then Pnt and the billions ( :freezing: ) of options falls to quite few nd would be easier to select.

Just some thoughts

#2 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

View Postsnowmanf, on 11 July 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

As the "topic description" notes, I know its been listed as being far off into the future, but, there's a couple of questions that occur...

Firstly, the obvious one, what could anyone do to hasten its ultimate arrival?

Finding an experienced XNA, C# developer with lots of time to contribute would be the biggest impact on hastening the delivery of an independent OR World Editor.

View Postsnowmanf, on 11 July 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

Secondly, in the meanwhile, how about modifications for the MSTS editor to overcome some of its shortcomings?
Even just mods to the interface for eg...

The OR team will not modify the MSTS Editor, nor other MSTS software executables. That's where OR differs from BIN.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users