Elvas Tower: Scenery Shadows - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scenery Shadows Why do I have none ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

In OR screenshots I've seen all kinds of items casting shadows, but I only ever see shadows cast by the train itself.
Is there an easy way to change this ?

(Am liking the new dymanic shadows though in the new release)

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

View PostDAve Babb, on 31 March 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

In OR screenshots I've seen all kinds of items casting shadows, but I only ever see shadows cast by the train itself.
Is there an easy way to change this ?

Under normal conditions, OR only creates shadows for objects defined to create shadows in the MSTS RE/data files, which will mean scenery shadowing levels vary by route. If you wish to make everything (and I do mean everything) create shadows, you can set a hidden option.

To set: Open Registry Editor and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenRails\ORTS" in the tree on the left. Either through "Edit" menu or right-clicking empty space on the right side, select "New" and then "DWORD (32-bit) Value". Enter "ShadowAllShapes" as the name. Double-click it to edit the value and enter "1" as the value.

To remove: Open Registry Editor and navigate the tree as before. Either set the value of "ShadowAllShapes" to "0" or delete the "ShadowAllShapes" item entirely.

#3 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

James

Excellent that works perfectly.

Just for reference, the FPS hit on my system appears minimal
With all Shadows on I'm getting 31 FPS at a fixed point and without it only about 51 in the same location.

:-)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: AllShadows.jpg

#4 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 31 March 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

Under normal conditions, OR only creates shadows for objects defined to create shadows in the MSTS RE/data files, which will mean scenery shadowing levels vary by route. If you wish to make everything (and I do mean everything) create shadows, you can set a hidden option.

To set: Open Registry Editor and navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenRails\ORTS" in the tree on the left. Either through "Edit" menu or right-clicking empty space on the right side, select "New" and then "DWORD (32-bit) Value". Enter "ShadowAllShapes" as the name. Double-click it to edit the value and enter "1" as the value.

To remove: Open Registry Editor and navigate the tree as before. Either set the value of "ShadowAllShapes" to "0" or delete the "ShadowAllShapes" item entirely.

Now, this was a handy little tid bit of information. Thanks, James.:I-Agree:

;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users