Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion to Consider TrackIR Support in Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_thepacerspecial_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hi,
Thank you for the great product you have developed so far and I wish you future success as the software is refined.

I know your team has a laundry list of priority items to attack, but I thought I'd post here one other item that could add a little additional something to the simulator. (BTW, I had sent an e-mail earlier in the week to the OR site & received a prompt reply that the team will discuss this, but it was recommended I also post in one of the forums.)

I am an MSTS and Railworks user. A patch had been developed for Railsim by someone in the community that allowed the use of the TrackIR head tracking system. I and many others who used that patch found it to be extremely immersive and useful. The TrackIR allows for camera panning movements by tracking the user's head movements inside the cabview.

The SDK can be downloaded from Naturalpoint:
http://www.naturalpo...lation-sdk.html

The TrackIR has for a long time been used by MS FlightSim 2004 and FSX users. Railsim.com had mentioned supporting it at one time, then it seemingly fell through the cracks. Also, the topic of Railworks support for the TrackIR does get mentioned occasionally at UKTS.

Regardless, what your team has done so far is outstanding, in my opinion -- I've spent many happy hours in OR. You appear to have a team dedicated to amazing realism and functionality.

#2 User is offline   farrmp 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails/MSTS

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

View Postthepacerspecial, on 18 March 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi,
Thank you for the great product you have developed so far and I wish you future success as the software is refined.

I know your team has a laundry list of priority items to attack, but I thought I'd post here one other item that could add a little additional something to the simulator. (BTW, I had sent an e-mail earlier in the week to the OR site & received a prompt reply that the team will discuss this, but it was recommended I also post in one of the forums.)

I am an MSTS and Railworks user. A patch had been developed for Railsim by someone in the community that allowed the use of the TrackIR head tracking system. I and many others who used that patch found it to be extremely immersive and useful. The TrackIR allows for camera panning movements by tracking the user's head movements inside the cabview.

The SDK can be downloaded from Naturalpoint:
http://www.naturalpo...lation-sdk.html

The TrackIR has for a long time been used by MS FlightSim 2004 and FSX users. Railsim.com had mentioned supporting it at one time, then it seemingly fell through the cracks. Also, the topic of Railworks support for the TrackIR does get mentioned occasionally at UKTS.

Regardless, what your team has done so far is outstanding, in my opinion -- I've spent many happy hours in OR. You appear to have a team dedicated to amazing realism and functionality.

I'll second that. I agree with EVERYTHING said above! I have TrackIR 5 and using TrackIR Mouse utility I have even used my TrackIR with MSTS. I to am very thankful for the fine work done by the ORTS Development Team and am logging many happy hours in v646 with my RailDriver!

Thanks for everything,

Paul

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users