Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have a question about Open Rails ver. 645 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jpmackay 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hello everyone here in this forum. This is my first time to post my message here. Let me introduce to you and my name is John Mackay from Canada eh!!. OK have a question about the latest zip files of Open Rails ver. 645. No problem to download from your site but am not sure where will I extract to my computer like desktop or on my main hard drive ( C:/ ) I do know that this is not final project and still working on till everything is satisfied by the Open Rails development team. Anyway look forward to see the answer about your latest file extract to what??

Thank you,

John

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

You can extract the files anywhere you like, including your Desktop. Just make sure the extraction preserves the folders and you'll be fine.

#3 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

View Postjpmackay, on 10 March 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

Hello everyone here in this forum. Anyway look forward to see the answer about your latest file extract to what??
Thank you,
John

John,
As James posted, you have a lot of flexibility. My personal preference is to create a folder called "OpenRails_v645" in the same directory where MSTS is located. Depending on your OS, that can be "Program Files". Or a just a folder on your C drive. It's really up to you. Then extract the zip file into that folder.

Please make sure you have installed the prerequisites as detailed here: http://openrails.org/release.html

Thanks for downloading Open Rails

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users