Elvas Tower: Road Traffic - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Road Traffic *Feature Request* Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Although I can't find it at the moment, I'm sure there was video a while back of road vehicles with added lighting in OR.

It's probably a long way down the line of development goals, but when it comes to it, can we have more functions for road vehicles please ?
Can we have animated wheels (and wheels which are capable of 'steering' by following the 'path')

If I did actually see vehicles with head lights then I guess there is some form of eng file for the vehicle, if there is, can have 'consists' too and then it would allow articulated trucks (semi's to our US readers) and buses, or even cars and caravans etc

Traffic signals and yeild junctions would be neat trick, but probably much more complex to deal with.

#2 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Erased.

#3 User is offline   CRQ5508 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I believe it was 3DTrains who developed "lights" for their car traffic. If I remember correctly, the models were set up so that the texture of the headlights and taillights were set to "high shine" so even in pitch black, they still show up bright as day in the simulator (and interesting little function of this ancient software.) On top of that, they created a headlight "cone" that, using fancy texture and shape work, only shows up at night, but again shows up, appearing as light. It's not actual light in the sense of what you have with your locomotive's headlights, but it's pretty good trickery if you ask me. That may be what you have seen. I know 3DTrain's Feather River Route, and their update of 3DTrain Stuff's Cajon pass include these cars. I believe Facing Point Media's, Pacific Surfliner also included an earlier version of these automobiles.

#4 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

View PostCRQ5508, on 19 January 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

I believe it was 3DTrains who developed "lights" for their car traffic. If I remember correctly, the models were set up so that the texture of the headlights and taillights were set to "high shine" so even in pitch black, they still show up bright as day in the simulator (and interesting little function of this ancient software.) On top of that, they created a headlight "cone" that, using fancy texture and shape work, only shows up at night, but again shows up, appearing as light. It's not actual light in the sense of what you have with your locomotive's headlights, but it's pretty good trickery if you ask me. That may be what you have seen. I know 3DTrain's Feather River Route, and their update of 3DTrain Stuff's Cajon pass include these cars. I believe Facing Point Media's, Pacific Surfliner also included an earlier version of these automobiles.

For some time I've been including 'bright' polys to simulate lights, but I thought I'd seen real lights on road vehicles in OR, I thought it was the same video which showed train lights on OR, but I might be mistaken.
If I am, can we have it please ? ;-)

#5 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

View PostWalter Conklin, on 20 January 2011 - 05:32 AM, said:

Dave,

I too recall seeing a video showcasing automobile lights on in OR. I think Rick Grout created the video. However, I can no longer find that particular video.

Sincerely,
Walter

I found a page on UKTS which described itself as demoing lighting on Trains and vehicles but the video has been removed now.
Glad I'm not making it up in my head !

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users