Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bug Report v360 - "Consist Doesnt Stay on Tracks" Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railfanatic844 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hello all, I dont know if im posting this in the right place but here goes. I'm a newbie to open rails and i LOVE it! however, its got bugs. big ones.

BUG #1

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7559/runactivity201101171813.png

The consist won't stay on the tracks, same with all the other consists on other routes. But some issues are so bad as to the start of the activity they arent even ON the tracks (full bucket line problem, didnt happen a second time but i think it should be addressed)

BUG #2 and #3

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5484/runactivity201101171821.png

notice the 4449 made by brandon smith (beautiful engine), the problem is that the drivers don't turn but the driving rods turn. The whistle and bell dont sound. Likewise the 844 built buy Brandon Smith, same problem. They both appear to be fine, not so.

Overall, i like Open Rails and i look forward to the live multiplayer session. I hope to see it be independent, have most of the stuff MSTS had and a little bit of what trainz had including its convienient surveyor feature. Keep of the good work Open Rails team!

-AJ

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

V360 has been superceded by nearly two hundred updates, so it's possible the bugs you stated may (or may not) have been fixed....and no doubt there will be a new raft of bugs when the new public release comes out. Keep up the bug reporting after that version comes out, thanks.

Cheers Bazza

#3 User is offline   railfanatic844 

• Apprentice

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Oh, well its the most recent version of Open Rails (i dont know which one it is) but its the same problem every time

-AJ

#4 Inactive_DAve Babb_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

View Postrailfanatic844, on 17 January 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hello all, I dont know if im posting this in the right place but here goes. I'm a newbie to open rails and i LOVE it! however, its got bugs. big ones.

View Postrailfanatic844, on 18 January 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

Oh, well its the most recent version of Open Rails (i dont know which one it is) but its the same problem every time

-AJ

What you need to remember / understand is that all software has bugs, and unfinished software much more so.

The team are working on fixing lots of bugs all the time.

There's no reason to not keep reporting them, but bear in mind OR is not finished so bugs are to be expected.

#5 User is offline   railfanatic844 

• Apprentice

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yes i do understand that but please do keep up the good work open rails team! your doing a great job so far :oldstry:

-AJ

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users