Elvas Tower: The Anthracite Project - Elvas Tower

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Anthracite Project The Largest Undertaking by Fallen Flag Shops yet Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

View PostWalter Conklin, on 13 July 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

Hello,

I have obtained Werner's permission to have the Anthracite route merged with Tristate_Rails. I am excited to announce that work is now underway to prepare the Anthracite Route and Tristate_Rails routes for the merger.
Upon the successful completion of the merger, the combined route will include a significant portion of the trackage of the LNE and other Anthracite carrying railroads.

Wow, Maybrook to Allentown? How cool is that!!!!

RGF

#32 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

Been awhile since I been to ol' Allentown with Billy Joel. Be interesting to see how you get that town in Walt. I literally 'walked into it' from Gilbertsville, and certainly a town one doesn't soon forget. Pretty in one regard. But scary as anything in another. As I learned, it's where all the 'bad guys' from NY, NJ, Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh go to 'chill out till the heat dies down'. Yet, be 'central' still to keep tabs on their homeboys, hookers, and 'business associates'. Scary looking place at night, yet I felt safe - as no one wanted to risk causing attention there.

I came away with quite a different tune than Billy's I gotta say. :pleasantry:

#33 User is offline   Fred 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

I've been looking over this topic and would welcome any new routes for the North East. Where can I find this route?

#34 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostFred, on 27 July 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

I've been looking over this topic and would welcome any new routes for the North East. Where can I find this route?

Fred,

The route is still under development and will be set in the 1920's to early 1950's. The Tri-State project has by permission incorporated the LV route as its south/west end, and also Rich Shirley's L&HR as well as portions of a number of other railroads. At the present time there are represented all, or in part the following railroads:
Erie
DL&W
New Haven
NYO&W
NYS&W
M&U
L&HR
L&NE
LV
CNJ
Reading
as well as a number of shortlines in the Lehigh Valley area

#35 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

This is good news!

#36 User is offline   Fred 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Paul,

This is a very ambitious project. It will probably be spectacular on completion. :sweatingbullets:

#37 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm very interested in this route. I was talking with a friend about a fictional railroad and if there was any trackage near Erie and/or high speed running along the shores of Lake Erie, which resulted in him bringing up this route. I know that Erie, PA, will be included in this route, but will there be tracks along the shores of Lake Erie? It would make for some great high-speed running, almost like the NYC Water Level Route along the Hudson River. Even if there isn't any trackage along the shores of Lake Erie, this route still catches my interest.

#38 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 19 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm very interested in this route. I was talking with a friend about a fictional railroad and if there was any trackage near Erie and/or high speed running along the shores of Lake Erie, which resulted in him bringing up this route. I know that Erie, PA, will be included in this route, but will there be tracks along the shores of Lake Erie? It would make for some great high-speed running, almost like the NYC Water Level Route along the Hudson River. Even if there isn't any trackage along the shores of Lake Erie, this route still catches my interest.

I am afraid that Erie, Pa nor any of the NYC trackage in that area will be included in the route. The route dies include trackage along the Lehigh River as well as along the Delaware River at the Pa & NJ line. It also includes trackage along the ERIE RR mainline from Port Jarvis eastward and the railroads I mentioned above but nothing in western PA or NY.

#39 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostDustin Raiken, on 19 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Dustin,

There is an entire SECTION of Elvas Tower devoted to the TriState Rails route. Lots of discussion and WIP photos.

Rick

#40 User is offline   Mipman25 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

The Tristate Rails? I was considering getting that instead of the L&HR, and it seems as though I have an even bigger reason to get it now when finished! Thanks for the advice; I'll check that out right away.

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users