Last Updated
01 September 2022 - 09:38 PM
File Size
3.24MB (Estimated Download Times)
Views
Downloads
B&O Iron Pot Hoppers Version 1.0 September 1st, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of iron hoppers used by the Baltimore & Ohio railroad. The cars were built from photos and drawings and any other information I could find. Although commonly attributed to the B&O, photos from the era show that other companies owned iron hoppers. The Cumberland & Pennsylvania and its affiliate, Consolidated Coal Company used this type of car in their coal transport operations.

Not sure where the performance parameters come from. Physics are presently beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

These models are high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things. If there is an issue the model has 2 levels of detail. I suppose one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip B&OIronHopper.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. I have included two consist files, one for a loaded train, the other for empties. Each consist includes 44 hoppers, all the cars I've modeled, both 10 ton and 20 ton.

To use the included consists you'll need the B&O camels No.65, No. 80, No. 170 and No.171. You'll also need the B&O Conductors Car. The loaded train uses two locomotive, the empty requires one.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Toggle random files Random Files

Screenshot

File Name: Death Valley Steel Hopper Cars
In Category: NG Hoppers
Screenshot

File Name: Amtrak Superdome 10031
In Category: Streamline Passenger Cars Std Gauge

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
ORTS upgrade for some locomotives - WIP by Weter  (submitted 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM)

19 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
19 guests, 0 Anonymous Users