Views
Downloads
Support Topic
Click here to visit support topic
THE GOLD KING MINE

Poverty Gultch

Near Victor, Colorado
Cripple creek Mining District

This shaft mine was located at Poverty Gulch, and served by horse drawn ore wagons from its Ore House. It has unique double level tramways from the Ore house that made it very distinctive and three mismatched stacks added to its unique appearance. This mine was much later involved as the site of a disastrous spill of mine waste in 2015.

This model is based on historic photos and careful research carried out by me for many months. Some of the textures were sourced from research by Linda Irene Tingvik with her kind permission, others are from historic Colorado Structures from the period. Linda shared data and the Sandborn map of this remarkable mine with me as well as her own research into it and its layout and was of the greatest assistance and inspiration to me in completing this project.

The tramways were used to dump the tailings from the mine, the method used was to carry the tailings in mine cars and dump them along the length of the tramway gradually building up the height until it reached the rails, all along the length, at which time a new tramway would be built or extended. Models of tailing piles are availble in the library as well as mine cars and miners.

This model includes night and snow textures. It is medium poly so can be used for both MSTS and Open Rails.

Rights and Restrictions: you may freely use, rework and repaint this model, TSM source files is included. The only restriction is that this model may not be sold or used in commercial pay ware without my express permission. You can reach me at the e mail below. It may also be converted to Railworks, Trainz or any other sim format I would appreciate notice and a copy of your finished work.

Installation:
Place the shape and texture files into your route folders and add the ref entry to your ref list. I use the 257 texture setting so that this will correctly display both snow and night textures. The night textures rely on contrast alone I do NOT use the material setting for shine as it is too bright and high key. If you don't like my method you are welcome to make your own models.

Chris Gerlach (CrisGer)
September 2015

chrisgerlach9@yahoo.com

Download File
Page 1 of 1

Comments

There were no comments found for this file

Page 1 of 1

Download Statistics

Total Files
Total Categories
Total Authors
Total Downloads
Latest File:
High-detail Assorted Track Signs by Jovet  (submitted 14 May 2024 - 10:33 AM)

17 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
17 guests, 0 Anonymous Users